PBS Special

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight on the PBS network there is going to be a show titled,

"Bourbon And Kentuckey: A History Distilled"

PBS stations do not have programming at the same time like the big networks do.

I'll get it at 11:00pm tonight out of Lansing.

Check your local station via the web or whatever is available.

Is it OK to post PBS stuff on SB.com?

I couldn't find it on the pbs web-site, but found some clips of it on youtube, and ended up watching 3 sheets ( Ky Version) on Hulu. Now I'm really thirsty for some bourbon!:cool:

I taped it last night and just finished watching it.

It is the best show I've seen on the subject,

along with Chuck Cowdery's "Made & Bottled In Kentucky"

and The History Channell's "Rumrunners, Moonshiners And Bootleggers".

It was 50 minutes with no commercials, (duh, PBS) and I learned some new names and history that I wasn't aware of.

You can get a DVD copy of it on the website below.

http://www.witnessinghistoryonline.com

We've had postings on this before. A guy in Lexington did it as a commercial venture, along with other books and DVDs on history subjects.

I can't comment about the program itself because I haven't seen it yet.

It's probably being distributed the same way mine was, which is not via PBS but through one of the other programming entities that supplies PBS stations.

I imagine it was submitted through KET (Kentucky Educational Television). Like a couple of other states, Kentucky doesn't have individual PBS stations. All of the PBS stations in Kentucky are licensed to KET and run out of Lexington. KET is an arm of state government. My documentary was funded, in part, by a grant from KET and it's possible this one was too, as they still give them out periodically.

Kent Masterson Brown did a decent job for the Lexington Tourism people, but he does get the definition of Bourbon wrong.

Mike Veach

I saw this last year, and it was pretty good. It was not just a history of bourbon but about the way the history of the state and bourbon go together.

My main complaint was how little of the post-Prohibition history was covered, and how that was more advertising for current distilleries than the result of actual research.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.