Jefferson's Reserve Presidential Select 17yr

BengalMan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've tried batches 4, 5 and 7 were all good IMHO. Although there are some slight flavor variations, they all seem to be from the same source. My tastebuds say it comes from the same place as the current PVW 15 (Julian says that is SW). I gave up trying to figure out where it came from or even follow the speculation threads about a year ago. It's good (albeit overpriced) whiskey.

Maybe I need another pour of JRPS 17 and PVW 15. Damn, might have to throw a PHC 2010 in there too since it might just be the best of the lot.

Thanks for the insight on batches you've tried. I agree with you about the speculation. Although it can be an interesting detail for us whiskey enthusiasts, sometimes the energy spent on speculation is not worth the effort.

Nice trio of "apples to apples" tasting comparisons to consider. I've got the same bottles and will plan for a vertical tasting of the three at an upcoming whiskey club meeting.

The one bottle I bought was batch #5. We (my wife and I) thought it was pretty good...but not any better than PVW 15. With the JRPS costing $95 and the PVW costing $57 (when you can find it), I decided against buying more.

I heard Batch #5 is really Batch #6 and the real Batch #5 was discovered to have been aged in Old Overholt barrels.

Discuss.

Was this a joke Chuck, or were you serious?

Nothing improves a wheater like a hint of rye.

Yes, THAT was a joke.

And I heard that Castle Brands sold the barrels that were originally going into Batch 5 (plus a few more) to Luxco. Luxco is going to release a Very Special Rebel Yell using these barrels. This way they take Rebel Yell back to its SW roots.

Randy

And I heard that Castle Brands sold the barrels that were originally going into Batch 5 (plus a few more) to Luxco. Luxco is going to release a Very Special Rebel Yell using these barrels. This way they take Rebel Yell back to its SW roots.

Randy

. Luxco is going to release a Very Special Rebel Yell using these barrels. This way they take Rebel Yell back to its SW roots.

Randy

• 2 weeks later...
That would be cool! I would love to find a dusty bottle of Rebel Yell as I've heard it was great.

There were two handles of it on the Gazebo table in April. One was a 90 proof and the other was a lesser proof. Both Louisville. Love those gazebos.

Joe :usflag:

There were two handles of it on the Gazebo table in April. One was a 90 proof and the other was a lesser proof. Both Louisville. Love those gazebos.

Joe :usflag:

I am the owner of the 80 proof handle and I think it is damn tasty. If it lasts until then, I will bring it to the gazebo in Sept.

Wish I was going back in September.

Me too, Gregg. I had a great time at the Sampler...I'll try to make it back next year!

• 6 months later...
Just procured a bottle of Batch #3 to go with a bunkered #5.

Have you had a chance to try any? If so, which batch? I have a store not far away that has some from Batch #7 but I have been gun shy so far to drop a bill for one of them. Read some positives on here about #7 though. In total, about 50/50 on here from what I can tell in terms of +/-.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.