Woodford Reserve Single Barrel, Barrel Proof

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had the unexpected pleasure of sampling some Woodford Reserve from a single barrel, at barrel proof of 69.3%ABV. I can't share how this came about, for fear of exposing my source, but I would like to say that I was impressed with the smoothness and finish for a pour that lit my mouth and lips (and nosehairs) on fire with the first sip. It has all the earmarks of a Brown-Forman product with similarities to Old Forester and the current WR products. It was mahogany in color and surprisingly clear for being unfiltered. Unfortunately, I did not get all the info from the barreling date or age, but it was claimed to be on the verge of six years. Initial taste has vanilla, corn, butterscotch (????), finish has some leather (??)

I felt some relief that WF distilled on site will be as good, if not better than current select barrels being bottled.

P'cycle, Thanks for the information! I am a huge Woodford fan! I, maybe like many, are concerned about the new products coming and the whole "situation". It is nice to hear some positive feedback if only from one individual. I can only hope I will share some of your feelings. I am hoping for no change at all in the product, but who knows, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. grin.gif See ya, H'wood

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.