Broken Glencairn

independant
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I seem to be on a glass breaking spree here lately. One while washing over the weekend and one while putting them away after letting them air dry. So that makes two broken for me.

How many have you broken?

My wife and i went to Whiskyfest this year and each received a glass. Since I'm the bourbon drinker, I guess they were "mine". She broke one two day later when doing the dishes. i suspect it was done on purpose so I'll do the dishes more.:slappin:

I seem to be on a glass breaking spree here lately. One while washing over the weekend and one while putting them away after letting them air dry. So that makes two broken for me.

How many have you broken?

I broke the first one I ever got from BT. I have another has has a small chip. I also recently broke my WT glass.

I, knock on wood haven't broke one yet or one of my Riedel's either. I hand wash them and hand dry them. I'll probably break one today now.

I broke two different snifters in one day a few months ago, trying to reach inside to clean them while I was doing the dishes . . . I have been extra careful since and haven't broken any glasses (plus, my wife has a propensity for bring spare glasses home for me fairly often, just in case).

I have seven Glencairn glasses. Two crystal ones from Old Forester Repeal sets, two crystal ones from BD, one glass one from BT (Old Rip VanWinkle), and two plain glass ones that I picked up at an estate sale for $1 each. I use the two that I got at the estate sale. :rolleyes: Not that I'm cheap, but if I break one of those, it's no big deal. :grin: So far so good. Haven't broken one yet. And yes, I'm keeping my fingers are crossed. :skep: Joe

This is why I don't like delicate, foo-foo glasses. Give me a simple old fashion glass [with some heft ti it] anyday.

This is why I don't like delicate, foo-foo glasses. Give me a simple old fashion glass [with some heft ti it] anyday.

But I can break 15 of these for what you paid for 2 of those.

I was shaking out the water after rinsing an Old Rip Glencairn and it slipped out of my hand and shattered in the sink.

Other snifters I have broken are to numerous to count.

For some reason I break more wine glasses than anything else, usually washing them. I haven't broke any Riedels while washing them. I don't have any Glencairns. I've broke a couple Riedels while drinking and talking. I talk with my hands a lot and, well, while drinking I've knocked a few glasses to the floor.

I broke a small snifter at my ten year high-school reunion last year. I had waaaaay too much Knob Creek that night. Sloppy motor skills and reflexes come with the territory, I guess.

• 6 months later...

Well, it all my years of drinking I have never broken bottle… and did I pick a shitty time to start.

For those of you that have the ORVW 23 yr, be careful when you pull that crystal stopper out. It is in there super snug and as I pulled mine out, it clipped the decanter… sending crystal parts all over.

I salvaged about half of the bottle, but the decanter I was looking forward to as much as the incredible bourbon… it no longer :(

I am remarkable calm for such a disastrous event… but I think I may still be in shock :cry:

Well, it all my years of drinking I have never broken bottle… and did I pick a shitty time to start.

For those of you that have the ORVW 23 yr, be careful when you pull that crystal stopper out. It is in there super snug and as I pulled mine out, it clipped the decanter… sending crystal parts all over.

I salvaged about half of the bottle, but the decanter I was looking forward to as much as the incredible bourbon… it no longer :(

I am remarkable calm for such a disastrous event… but I think I may still be in shock :cry:

I'm sure you started drinking heavy,... damn Man I'm sorry to see this.

Can I just say....

Serves you right !!!!!!:slappin: :lol: :slappin: :lol: :slappin: :lol:

Now we are even for my "Hirsch Incident" !!!!

(although, it does really suck. I cried a bit):rolleyes:

Can I just say....

Serves you right !!!!!!:slappin: :lol: :slappin: :lol: :slappin: :lol:

Now we are even for my "Hirsch Incident" !!!!

(although, it does really suck. I cried a bit):rolleyes:

We're even? You broke my Hirsch and I broke my ORVW 23 and we are even... I think I may need to come over and give you a math lesson :D please review my avitar and ponder :stickpoke:

We're even? You broke my Hirsch and I broke my ORVW 23 and we are even... I think I may need to come over and give you a math lesson :D please review my avitar and ponder :stickpoke:

LOL if that makes you guys even, Em you might want to change your avatar to a fancy script of "FU" for him before he ponders too much. :)

I will say that thanks to reading that story I no longer feel AS bad for breaking Hectic Bob's Julio's OWA.

I'm not talking even "monetairly"...... I'm saying even on the "unfortunate move" and the ridicule that insued......

You know I feel for ya !!!!! Of all the bottles....:hot:

I'm not talking even "monetairly"...... I'm saying even on the "unfortunate move" and the ridicule that insued......

You know I feel for ya !!!!! Of all the bottles....:hot:

I knew what you meant.... I just had to give you more static so I felt better... besides... I did save over half... you only got a good oil spot remover...

...and my wife felt bad for me... yours got made due to the smell... :D

I knew what you meant.... I just had to give you more static so I felt better... besides... I did save over half... you only got a good oil spot remover...

...and my wife felt bad for me... yours got made due to the smell... :D

Damn... You win again !!!!:smiley_acbt: :smiley_acbt: :smiley_acbt: :smiley_acbt: :smiley_acbt:

Damn... You win again !!!!:smiley_acbt: :smiley_acbt: :smiley_acbt: :smiley_acbt: :smiley_acbt:

Can you really win with a broken bottle of juice? I think my wife may have been confused with my reaction... and did not know how to get pissed off at me for breaking a $350-400 bottle of bourbon...

I think she may have just felt pitty for my dumb ass and figured I was going to abuse myself far more than she coud...

And in cost per stupitidy... your $100-125 oops still is a better route than mine... granted BevMo prices for the Hrsch are close to $300, but neither of us have made the mistake of buying Hirsch Gold Foil at that price :D

OK... now I nead a drink... maybe my 6 yr old can pour if for me... I am not sure I trust myself :skep:

OK... sorry for post drift !!!!

as for me, I have not broken a Glencairn, but I have broken several Reidels !!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.