Bourbon barrel aging of tobacco

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 3 weeks later...

Being an avid cigar smoker, I've tried cigars aged in cognac and rum barrels but not any from bourbon barrels. I would think it would yield an interesting smoke if blended correctly as I enjoyed the cognac and rum aged.

• 8 years later...

Do the cigars go well with the bourbon namesake? I've had some infused cheap cigars in the past and when fresh they're very good. But after a while in the humidor they seem to lose their infusion. Are these from the post above any different?

Edited by Bubba-Nj

I've had the Camacho American Barrel Aged and the Connecticut version of the Perdomo Bourbon Barrel aged. Both were solid smokes (the Perdomo more so) but I didn't really pick up a "bourbon" note to them. They did have a sweeter note. I have the Nicaraugan Barrel aged (Rum) waiting in the wings and I expect the same. What can really influence the stick is aging the actual cigar in the barrel and not the tobacco leaves. I purchased a couple sticks from a rum distillery on the Outer Banks that were aged in used rum barrels then stored in a rum cured humidor. I also picked up a special from one of my local shops who aged their house brand stick in a used Jack Daniels barrel. These had more of an "infusion" flavor. Depends on what you're going for...If you want the cigar "influenced" by the barrel or "infused" by the barrel.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2009 at 9:53 PM, cubacroc said:

Link: http://www.kentuckygentlemencigars.com/index.php

Allen makes the Blanton Barrel Aged cigars and has been known to age a few in Wild Turkey Barrels. Give him a call or email if you want to try a Kentucky Gentleman Cigar. You might get a tour if you stop by while visiting the distilleries in Lawrenceburg.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:55 PM, Bubba-Nj said:

Do the cigars go well with the bourbon namesake? I've had some infused cheap cigars in the past and when fresh they're very good. But after a while in the humidor they seem to lose their infusion. Are these from the post above any different?

Yes, having 'tried them all', this is the real deal.  Highly recommend!   

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Paddy said:

Yes, having 'tried them all', this is the real deal.  Highly recommend!   

I've been thinking of trying some of these...Thanks for the info.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.