The New Old Taylor, First Batch.

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

They could use yellow corn slop, but it would effect the taste. My money says either sweet mash or they brought it down with acid.

• 10 months later...

I tasted this last December and I really liked it. With the low distillation and barrel proof, my bet is it will be ready to bottle in four years.

Mike Veach

I tasted this last December and I really liked it. With the low distillation and barrel proof, my bet is it will be ready to bottle in four years.

Mike Veach

I was looking forward to trying this initially, but the way BT has gone with a lot of their products (not all since I can still get W12 for < $24 but holding my breath on that one) I expect they will price it at $70 and I will have to get on some damn waiting or call list to get it..and I ain't doing that anymore. Too many good whiskeys to go through that bullshit again..

I was looking forward to trying this initially, but the way BT has gone with a lot of their products (not all since I can still get W12 for < $24 but holding my breath on that one) I expect they will price it at $70 and I will have to get on some damn waiting or call list to get it..and I ain't doing that anymore. Too many good whiskeys to go through that bullshit again..

Man, I am with you. Special ain't so special anymore. Price it so the average man (or woman) can enjoy it.

So far as I know, this white corn Old Taylor was a one off. However much they made back when this thread began is it. They haven't continued to fill the pipeline. So when they do release this it will be a limited edition and priced accordingly.

So far as I know, this white corn Old Taylor was a one off. However much they made back when this thread began is it. They haven't continued to fill the pipeline. So when they do release this it will be a limited edition and priced accordingly.

I don't have a problem with the price so much (I do still buy Single Malts at times)..it's the stupid hoops one has to go through to buy BT's premium products. Easy enough for me..I just don't try to buy them anymore.

I'm ok with the prices, it's the over distribution that has me baffled. Can't think of another industry where the limited release (mid to high end depending on your viewpoint) gets pushed out to gas stations, grocery chains, backwoods shops and large format liquor stores.

Giving everyone 2 bottles isn't worth my time to attempt.

• 9 months later...

Someone posted recently that BT dropped the age statement on OT. Has anyone tried the BT version yet?

I would be curious to try the BT version since the switch of the Beam sourced myself surely it can't be any worse.I personally have yet to see the NAS BT version as the 6 year Beam version didn't seem to sell well and is still gracing many a shelf......weird huh.[emoji107]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Someone posted recently that BT dropped the age statement on OT. Has anyone tried the BT version yet?
Edited by ModernThirst

• 1 year later...

Here's another thread that needed to be bumped up.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!