Heaven Hill BIB

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today I was at Meijer's looking over the Bourbon Selection (damn I wish they would carry OF100 or AAA). Not wanting to purchase too much, as I expect to be receiving a bottle of KS on thanksgiving for my 30th birthday-which will be put to the test right away grin.gif, I picked up a bottle of HH BIB. Armed with the knowledge that others do not regard HH bourbon that highly, and given its $8.50 price, I did not expect too much. I must say that I am really suprised at the quality of this bourbon. Nice full-body with lots of character. The finish is a little short, but for $8.50 I might just pick this one up again. They could do a little better on the packaging though. What do the rest of you think of this one? tongue.gif

Jeff, you know how sometimes when governments have those diplomacy crisis and some talking head hopes the " Cooler Heads will Prevail"? That's essentially what we have at Heaven Hill. Max and his crew do a damn good job . They have some bottlings that are clearly in the rot gut camp, But are known as such. You will always get what you pay for here and a little to boot. Case in point EWSB low 20s could go higher on the shelf and make a damn good run on Mid 30 dollar Bourbons. Elijah Craig 15-16 bucks , If ever there was a brand to cannibalize and repackage to a forty dollar Bourbon , This is it . Knob Creek is another , but that's a different Mill. Someone at Heaven Hill cares about what's in those bottles! grin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.