Glasses

WEG3
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just how important is it , again if I am showing my lack of knowledge or cruddness please forgive me ... For you see my farther-in-law was Charles Kaziun and along with his paperwieghts ( go ahead give it a search ooo.gifgrin.gif )he also did bottles , shot glasses and drinking glasses ..........My brother -in-law carrys on the family business but I have about as much chance of getting him to make something for me be it family or for money as a snowballs chance in H*ll ..........strange ducks are the artist..........

Bill G,

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Bill if you read through the various threads on glassware you'll see that some of us think that the proper glassware is extremely important to pure bourbonic enjoyment. Then there is the 'you've got a bottle - who needs a glass?' train of thought. You can actually do quite well with just your basic two dollar shotglass for neat nosing and tasting, and a plain double old fashion 'rocks glass' for laid back drinkin'. It's when you get seriously inquisitive about your bourbon that highly specialized glassware becomes important. A word of warning though, once you get used to fancy smanchy glasses there is no turning back. cool.gif

I used to simply use highball glasses until these people here got a hold of me. I then bought some inexpensive brandy snifters (4 for $20). They made a difference because they concentrated the vapors and then my nose became involved. In fact, bourbon that I was ambivalent about before in an old-fashioned glass on the rocks tasted alot better neat in the snifter.

I am curious to what the tulip glasses will do, but, frankly, I am happy where I am and don't want to spend the money on them.

What I enjoy most now is using the snifter with one or two cubes of ice with the bourbon. I like the bourbon cold, but the limited ice doesn't water down the taste appreciably.

A good way to try out a brandy snifter is to either buy some inexpensive ones like I did or, ask for your bourbon neat in a snifter next time you are out on the town. Of course, if you can get a tulip glass in a bar, go for it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.