The Bourbon Review: MIA?

camduncan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Chuck, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Plus, look at the ratio of scotch distilleries to bourbon distilleries. That's probably 9:1 or something like that.

BTW, Chuck has a great piece on Buffalo Trace's new adventures in the Winter issue. Way to go Chuck!

I was a more than a little reluctant to subscribe to Malt Advocate Magazine thinking it would be all about scotch but there is enough bourbon articles to make worth the cost. They do review a few bourbons and at least one rye whiskey a month. There is also a lot of bourbon advertising in the magazine which I like to check out also. Although I haven't found a scotch I like yet some of the articles on it can be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks heaps for that. I purchased their first years magazines (4 in total) and a years subscription. So far I've been very impressed with each magazine.... I'm just bummed I didn't get a Fall one yet, and that no one is answering my attempts to email them :skep:

The new edition (winter) is now out:rolleyes:

I ran into a little SNAFU with my Bourbon Review subscription a little while ago. It just stopped coming. My sister had gotten myself and her husband a subscription for Xmas the prior year and apparently they must have thought one of the subscriptions being paid by the same person was a mistake. Anyway, my sis contacted the publishers and they were very gracious. In fact, my house is kind of on the way home from one of the publishers (Brad, I think) so one day a few months ago I came home to a stack of back issues and a couple of the current one that I had been missing sitting on my porch and a hand written note. Hell, they were even nice enough to throw in a copy of the first issue that I didn't have as our subscriptions started on the second issue.

I am going to have to check out Malt Advocate as well.

Malt Advocate had a real nice article about BT written by Chuck this quarter. I haven't read my Bourbon Review yet. One question Chuck as I wasn't clear from your article is Mark Brown President of Sazerac or BT?

Hoo Ha! Two gifts in one day. A gift set from Old Forester was waiting on the porch for me when I got home from work. After a short trip to the store, I again returned home, this time to find the regular mail had been delivered. My Bourbon Review magazine has arrived. Had a pretty fair day at work, and now this. Not too shabby for a Monday. :grin: Joe

I just got my copy in today's mail. Now I wonder where Chuck is going to display his award? Congratulations Colonel.:cool:

Buffalo Trace is a subsidiary of Sazerac. Brown is president of Sazerac.

Is there something in Bourbon Review about the Hall of Fame? My still was sitting on my Dad's television but then someone told him how much copper is selling for and he got nervous.

Buffalo Trace is a subsidiary of Sazerac. Brown is president of Sazerac.

Is there something in Bourbon Review about the Hall of Fame? My still was sitting on my Dad's television but then someone told him how much copper is selling for and he got nervous.

Yes your picture is in bourbon review along with an article about being inducted into the the hall of fame

Yes your picture is in bourbon review along with an article about being inducted into the the hall of fame

I should clarify that there is a group picture of this years inductees and an article about about this years inductees.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.