Hog and Barrel Dinner

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was browsing a local website and came across this flyer:

Picture%20%28Metafile%29%201.jpg

here's the blurb:

The Hog and The Barrel Dinner will feature three 300-pound locally raised English black pigs showcased alongside fine Van Winkle Bourbons. Before sitting down for the main event, diners will be treated to an intimate reception with Julian Van Winkle, featuring inspired swine snacks and bourbon and cocktail tastings. The six-course feast will begin with Chef Michael Paley taking diners through the hog's head, neck, and shoulders. Highlights include Coppa di testa (crispy ears, chicory, Brussels sprouts, grapefruit & cacao roma) and Corned Picnic Tortellini (pork neck brodo, scallion, sauerkraut). For the back, middle, and ham, acclaimed Chicagan Paul Kahan will take the reigns, giving diners a taste of the creativity that has earned Kahan multiple James Beard recognitions.

Wow, much fancier than a pulled pork dinner, which is what I expected when I first saw the picture.

Very nice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.