What are your Turkey and Bourbon plans?

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My brother-in-law will be providing whiskey this year...I know he likes Weller Antique, Eagle Rare, Foresters SB and EWSB....all favorites of mine too...so regardless of what he has we shall be appropriately warmed.

I just have to avoid going too heavy on the beer and wine before.....bad combos for me!

P.S. "Wild Turkey" products would be most appropriate!

My brother-in-law will be providing whiskey this year...I know he likes Weller Antique, Eagle Rare, Foresters SB and EWSB....all favorites of mine too...so regardless of what he has we shall be appropriately warmed.

I just have to avoid going too heavy on the beer and wine before.....bad combos for me!

P.S. "Wild Turkey" products would be most appropriate!

We'll have at least one guest who can't say no to alcohol, and can no longer drink due to liver problems, so there will be no alcohol at my mom's this year. Guess I'll have to have my pour afterwards...

We'll have at least one guest who can't say no to alcohol, and can no longer drink due to liver problems, so there will be no alcohol at my mom's this year. Guess I'll have to have my pour afterwards...

Hip flask, Marky. Bring the flask and make frequent trips outside for "a breath of fresh air.":grin:

Cooking Two birds outside - 1. Deep Fried with a sage-based injected marinade.

2. Smoked turkey on the Big Green Egg.

Sipping some OGB BIB while watching the birds.

Cooking Two birds outside - 1. Deep Fried with a sage-based injected marinade.

2. Smoked turkey on the Big Green Egg.

Sipping some OGB BIB while watching the birds.

You and your Dad are more than welcome to come over but it will be a hell of a drive to Massachuesetts. Dinner is at 4:00.

Here is the marinade concocted by my daughter's boyfriend - an executive Chef:

Maple syrup= 1/2 c.

apple cider= 2 c.

all spice= 1 tbsp.

cajun spice= 1 tbsp.

garlic= 6 cloves

sage= 1/2 bunch

juice of 4 lemons

juice of 2 oranges

olive oil= 1 c.

salt & pepper= to taste

Blend all ingredients for about 5 mins. or until fine puree.

Tomorrow I'm preparing the Turkey both smoked and Wild.

My wife is working tomorrow so dinner will not be until 6PM.

The smoked turkey is from a local (less than a mile as the crow flies) turkey farm. We have them every year as they are very good.

The Wild Turkey will be WT12 CGL.

WTKS will get cracked open and toasted tomorrow hopefully with a needed win by the New York Football Giants!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

WTKS will get cracked open and toasted tomorrow hopefully with a needed win by the New York Football Giants!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Is that a Pewter top you'll be cracking there big guy :D

I can't decide among the cgl and split label 12 years that are both unopened, the unopened American Spirit, the open pewter top Kentucky Spirit, or just good old 101. Guess I'm thankful that this is likely to be my most difficult decision today.

Craig

I can't decide among the cgl and split label 12 years that are both unopened, the unopened American Spirit, the open pewter top Kentucky Spirit, or just good old 101. Guess I'm thankful that this is likely to be my most difficult decision today.

Craig

Going to my brother and sister in-laws for our family dinner. Family, food, fun, and special guests this year. My in-laws have new neighbors that just moved in. A couple from Thailand! My brother in-law invited them and they said yes. So, they get to experience their first traditional American Thanksgiving. Should be fun. As for bourbon, :rolleyes: well I just gotta take some Turkey. Going traditional there. WT 101. Cheers, and gobble till you wobble! :grin: Joe

At the Inlaws. Made some cornbread sausage apple dressing with candied pecans. There will be WTRB and Bakers.

I will limit my consumption due to some killer Red Wines being served with dinner.

Spun - I was really tempted, but since no one over for Thanksgiving really appreciates bourbon I decided to go with a 2007 bottle that I had and bunkered the Pewter Top.

I must say, it has been my favorite WT bottle to date and I still have yet to crack open a RR101 or the AS or 14year Tradition. I'm really digging the Turkey lately!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.