Baby Saz in Michigan

Randy_Ricchi
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Michigan Liquor Control website shows the 6 yr. old Sazerac as being available, but none of the local liquor stores have been able to get it for quite awhile now. Does anyone know if Sazerac is no longer sold in Michigan?

The Michigan Liquor Control website shows the 6 yr. old Sazerac as being available, but none of the local liquor stores have been able to get it for quite awhile now. Does anyone know if Sazerac is no longer sold in Michigan?

Where you at? I haven't noticed a shortage around here.

I'm located in the western U.P.

Heading to Duluth Thursday. I'll look there and in Superior, Wisc. Love that baby Saz.

I'll be in Munising next week snowmobiling at my parents place Dec.29 - Jan. 2 I could bring a bottle up if you need one?

Tony

Thanks ACDetroit, but Munising is about 3 hours east of me.

You don't realize how far Tony rides snowmobiles only problem is your bottle may be empty by the time you get it. :slappin:

We have plenty here in Texas, but I can't figure out why BT isn't trying to compete with the prices of WT and Ritt Ryes. I don't buy baby Saz because it's upwards of $25 and WT and Ritt are $16.99. I remember the Saz being very good, but I feel I'm paying extra for the bottle.

We have plenty here in Texas, but I can't figure out why BT isn't trying to compete with the prices of WT and Ritt Ryes. I don't buy baby Saz because it's upwards of $25 and WT and Ritt are $16.99. I remember the Saz being very good, but I feel I'm paying extra for the bottle.
I agree and this is exaclty why I haven't tried the baby Saz yet, though I have been wanting to try it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they were finally able to get it here again, and I just got a bottle ($26.99, plus tax - ouch!).

After a couple of mixed drinks (with other liquors) I finally poured myself a generous dose of neat baby Saz, and, wow!, is that a nice whiskey.

Just wish it was closer to $20 per bottle. I'd buy a lot more than I usually do.

Well, they were finally able to get it here again, and I just got a bottle ($26.99, plus tax - ouch!).

After a couple of mixed drinks (with other liquors) I finally poured myself a generous dose of neat baby Saz, and, wow!, is that a nice whiskey.

Just wish it was closer to $20 per bottle. I'd buy a lot more than I usually do.

Yep Randy, "wow" is a great descriptor for this great whiskey. It "wows" me, too. $26.99 is a decent price for Baby Saz. For whatever reason, I've not seen a tremendous spread on this in the several states that I've seen it. So, you've done OK. A "wow" whiskey for under $30 is a great day at the office.

:toast:

• 3 weeks later...

Randy, given your local, I would buy all the baby Saz you can get your hands on. Also, may want to try WT rye, great for mixed drinks and just under $20. Sounds like your near Ironwood. Being that far north I would want to have plenty of liqour to keep me warm at night. :grin:

TJ

• 10 months later...
I'm located in the western U.P.

Heading to Duluth Thursday. I'll look there and in Superior, Wisc. Love that baby Saz.

I have two suggestions: One: If you get down to Traverse City (not a close drive to you), I think that you'll find it in the liquor stores. Two (the better suggestion): I'm pretty sure that Mi liquor stores can do mail order within the state. Just make sure that they charge you the MI minimum price (sometimes called 'warehouse price'.) There are also decently priced liquor stores in other states (IL, NJ, NY, Washington, DC, etc.) that do mail order to MI - just order it on their websites (and you save on the 6% MI sales tax).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.