Nicholson's Cigar Bar

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If you ever have the chance, stop in at Nicholson's Cigar Bar in downtown Lexington. They not only have a decent cigar menu (about 25 different varieties), but the Bourbon selection is second to none. I enjoyed a WT 12yo with a Punch-Rothchild. Nice combination of vanilla and oak in the bourbon with sweet cedar notes from the cigar. I also enjoyed my first ever EC 18yo with a Romeo and Juliet. Really liked the EC, must pick up a bottle soon. Also tried Rock Hill Farms for the first time. It was nice, but reminded me a lot of Eagle Rare. Pappy 20yo and a Stagg rounded off the evening. I don't know how they can sell Pappy 20 for $7 and Stagg for $11?? They had 3 bottles of it though. I know I can drink it at home cheaper, but at least I save my own stock smile.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Sounds like a great place for a hurf, Jeff. We'll have to get together next September for shots and stogies. Punch and Padron are my current faves. I've got a nice Romeo&Julietta, but haven't smoked it yet. Maybe Sunday. smile.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I'll take that advice Mr.Cox! grin.gif While rummaging around my humidor for the Romeo & Julieta I found a Punch maduro wraped corona I didn't remember that I even had. blush.gif Cool! cool.gif

You get to enjoy a good smoke , found one you didn't know you had . Win Win and you're no worse for wear! grin.gif

I am getting ready to fire up a Cuban Montecristo that I got at a swanky party last week! grin.gif It's nice when I can smoke one that was given than to dig into my stash of Cuban goodies! laugh.gif I've had this one before, and it is yummy to the utmost that which might be yummy! grin.gif Lets see, should I compliment it with OFBB, Blanton's, Jefferson Reserve, or........See ya, H'wood cool.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I've only smoked one Habano Montecristo. It was a #4 and delicious in every way. Monte's will stand up to any bourbon with ease. I LUV 'em! grin.gif

I like my smokes like my bourbon....strong! crazy.gif Booker's, Rare Breed, etc.,etc. This Monte' is the torpedo...tastes great and packs a punch! No pun intended! See ya, H'wood cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Linn great idea, we should do a cigar event. Maybe at the Old Tavern.

I'll try to bring some Cohibas! Wonder how Cohibas and Stagg (or Pappy's 20y) would pair up. Folks, what's your dream smoke? I can start hunting.

Cheers,

Omar

Count me in. So far my favorites are the Romeo and Julietta's and the CAO L'Anniversaire Extreme. I plan on gettting either a bottle of Pappy 20 or Hirsch 20 with my tax refund. It will be interesting to see what smokes best with them.

Hey Omar?

Can I come and skip the cigar and just get a snort of the Pappy 20 Year?. . . . .please wink.gif ?

TomC

• 3 weeks later...

Back at the Cigar Bar last night. Enjoyed another Punch Rothchild, but this time with my first taste of Pappy 23yo. Great combination. Punch are my favorite cigars to date and the Pappy, well let's just say it's like GTS meets the BB meets KS. I got some "meaty" notes that reminded me of fried bacon from the Punch that complemented lots of leather and vanilla from the Pappy. This is a combination I would like to have on a regular basis, but at $15.50/glass this will be confined to special occasion status frown.gif To finish off my cigar I ordered a WT 12yo. Classic smooth WT taste. The prominant Barrel notes from the bourbon complemented the nutty, smoky notes in the Punch. Good Stuff.

Wow that sounds terrific, Jeff. I saw the Punch cigars at a new liquor store in Fern Creek by the Kroger store called Liquor Palace. Nice store , a little higher than LB on some things , nice selection of stogies there though.

Bobby,

Does the LB in Louisville have a "Smoke Shop"? The Lexington Stores both have walk-in humidors. The Harrodsburg road store has about twice as much space and cigars as the Richmond road location. They advertise over 300 cigars. I haven't counted, but it's a hell of a lot of fun in there trying to decide on that night's beauty.

Hurstbourne Lane LB has a walk in Humidor. Fern Valley Road does not but has a large one on the floor, About the size of a China Cabinet. I would think they'd have a walk in at Westport road , to tell you the truth I haven't looked for one either way there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.