Kentucky Bourbon Map

catsfan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

does anyone know where i could get a map of all the distilleries in Kentucky. Maybe with their logos above where they are located

A quick Google search found this map

That's interesting, Buffalo Trace is not on there and Tom Moore who just made such a big deal about joining the Bourbon Trail isn't either...

Buffalo Trace left the KDA as of December 31, 2009. They will not be part of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail or any other KDA sponsored event such as the Bourbon Festival Hall of Fame ceremony.

Mike Veach

Buffalo Trace left the KDA as of December 31, 2009. They will not be part of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail or any other KDA sponsored event such as the Bourbon Festival Hall of Fame ceremony.

Mike Veach

Really? What happened there?

UPDATE: I just read Chuck's blog entry regarding the subject. What an odd bit of news.

UPDATE: I just read Chuck's blog entry regarding the subject. What an odd bit of news.

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I just read Chuck's blog to, sounds like a political disagreement.

I'd love to know what about.

Here's a link to the story as appeared in Friday's Lexington paper.

There are a couple of very interesting quotes and statements.

Buffalo Trace/Tom Moore say they are still on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail but not participating in the passport part of it.

KDA says oh no your'e not, the Kentucky Bourbon Trail is our copyright and for our members only.

Also it says the KDA is a non profit group that lobbies the government.

They ended with a surplus of $520,000.00 last year after spending $78,000.00 marketing the Bourbon Trail.

Seems like they need to do a better job in the "lobby" area if they have that much money left and the state raised taxes on bourbon.

Some are predicting a lawsuit.

http://www.kentucky.com/latest_news/story/1124883.html

Thanks Oscar. I had missed that article somehow. I love comments...screaming, but entertaining rants.

What's interesting is that no one is really saying anything. I don't know Meredith Moody, but her quote is virtually identical to the one I got from my contact.

The article makes it sound like KDA is sitting on a big tub of money, but it lists $211,000 in annual expenses, and that doesn't include staff salaries, rent, etc., so having $500,000 in the bank doesn't seem strange to me. But that's what happens when nobody is providing context, the press just reports whatever random facts they can find.

It also gets the facts wrong in the last paragraph. Sazerac and BT have been one in the same since Sazerac bought the Frankfort distillery 20 years ago. The $334 million was what Sazerac paid for the Constellation assets, which was 2009. I'm not sure what, if anything, happened in 2002.

...The article makes it sound like KDA is sitting on a big tub of money, but it lists $211,000 in annual expenses, and that doesn't include staff salaries, rent, etc., so having $500,000 in the bank doesn't seem strange to me...

Were you unable to finish my paragraph, Tim? As I pointed out, the 'expenditures' stated don't account for at least two staff salaries, maybe more, office expenses and other overhead costs. Reporting it the way the Herald-Leader did is either a deliberate effort to create a false impression of how the organization is run, or (more likely) sloppy reporting.

How much should they have in the bank?

I don't know when they collect the member dues. Their other funding source is grants, typically from the Federal government. For all we know, most of that money is earmarked for ongoing projects. Anyone who thinks they understand the KDA's finances and thinks they see something amiss based on what the Herald-Leader reported is just trying to make trouble.

"If I'm considering giving to a charity..." Huh? The KDA is not a charity. It's a trade group acting in the common interest of its members. Its principal purpose is furthering those interests before the various arms of Kentucky's government. Tourism promotion and even bourbon promotion are minor parts of its overall mission.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.