George T. Stagg candy bar!

silverfish
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

BonBonBar has a bourbon candy bar:

"Bourbon Ganache, Chewy Caramel, Dark Chocolate,

Maldon Salt, Black Pepper, Corn Wafer

For a limited time, we are honored to be using George T. Stagg

Bourbon in this candy bar. This limited-production 141.8 proof

bourbon is renowned for perfectly balancing intensity and finesse."

Box of 3 only $15.00

That sounds amazing... Bourbon, black pepper, caramel... those are some of my favorite tastes.

Anyone want to split a pack?

I folded like a cheap suit....I ordered a box. Candy made with Stagg is just too much to pass up.

That sounds very good.

I recall with pleasure bourbon balls made some years ago by Bobby Cox and Amelia with 2002 Stagg, served at a gazebo that year or the next, which were quite amazing. Never had anything like that since.

Gary

I folded like a cheap suit....I ordered a box. Candy made with Stagg is just too much to pass up.

a whore of my color as well... I ordered a 6 pack :D

Bourbon AND chocolate? In one? :bigeyes:

I too ordered six. It wasn't easy...hands wouldn't stop shaking...

BonBonBar is a great California-based chocolate company. Well, company is a bit of an overstatement; it's a one-woman operation, but she makes great stuff. I've tried nearly all of their products and they are fabulous. They have a Scotch bar that uses Talisker as well as various caramels and marshmallows, and one of my favorites is there chocolate caramel nut bar. This Stagg bar will definitely be worth a try.

http://recenteats.blogspot.com/2008/02/bonbonbars-scotch-bar-two-great-tastes.html

I ordered 6. I wonder if the owner is scratching her head about the sudden popularity of that item. :cool:

The owner has a twitter feed and here's her update from late last night:

"Well, helloooooo bourbon enthusiasts. Thanks for visiting and enjoying my website today! BRB. **runs to make a kazillion candy bars.**"

http://twitter.com/NinaMW

They sound like a popular item so far. :grin:

"Well, helloooooo bourbon enthusiasts.

"Well, helloooooo bourbon enthusiasts. Thanks for visiting and enjoying my website today! BRB. **runs to make a kazillion candy bars.**"

http://twitter.com/NinaMW

They sound like a popular item so far. :grin:

You mean people on that "other" website are buying these too?

Aww hell... I bought a box too (and helped out Haiti in so doing!)

BTW: thanks Timothy, for looking out for her (our) interests! (Where did she score the Stagg -- and do you think she'll start doing special orders? "Yes, I'd like a box of ND OGD 114 chocolates...")

A lot of times with chocolate, shipping is restricted because they can't guarantee the condition of the candy, especially if it gets too hot. I know some candy companies who won't ship at all during the summer for that reason.

A lot of times with chocolate, shipping is restricted because they can't guarantee the condition of the candy, especially if it gets too hot. I know some candy companies who won't ship at all during the summer for that reason.

Good point, I think I'll order another round, Lord knows it's cold enough.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.