George T. Stagg candy bar!

silverfish
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did anyone get theirs yet? I'm still waiting.

Yesterday I got an E-Mail informing me it had shipped.

I got an email saying mine would come tomorrow, feb 5.

I hope you ordered enough to share at the next meeting...:cool:

Mine shipped and is en-route. I expect it today or at least I hope so. We're supposed to get upwards of 26" of snow which actually just started about 10 mins. ago...... ah crap.:hot:

I ordered the three pack but Nina was generous enough to throw an extra single in the box. Thank you Nina!

Nina is a true candy artisan. I'm snacking on a portion of one bar right now and it really is delicious and of course, the bourbon is evident but not as dominant as this enthusiast would like. Nonetheless, it's delicious and I don't think any of you that ordered will be disappointed.

Yum! :yum::yum::yum:

I got mine today. It's tasty but nothing special, a slight peppery flavor after about 5 minutes.

There's a heck of a lot of other chocolates that I'd put over it.

As a matter of fact get a Whitman's Sampler all nut version and have a bourbon with them.

But of course, that is IMHO.

Oh yeah theyr'e good, no doubt, but no need to make a fuss over them.

More like carmel and toffee than bourbon flavors.

Hey, Old Rip 10/107 tastes like carmelized toffee!

I think I'll open up a bottle!

Got my 3 pack (now a 2 pack) yesterday. It is a very tasty, very high quality candy bar, but I was expecting closer to bourbon ball levels of bourbon flavor, too.

Oh yeah theyr'e good, no doubt, but no need to make a fuss over them.

More like carmel and toffee than bourbon flavors.

Hey, Old Rip 10/107 tastes like carmelized toffee!

I think I'll open up a bottle!

I will make a fuss over whatever I choose.

I think you have control issues. :grin:

I'm sure the snow has held mine up. At least they won't be melted.

Best of all, my girlfriend is allergic to milk. And the dog, well, she doesn't like bourbon.

My wife and I split one Friday night.

No, the bourbon flavor is not all that strong, but they are very, very rich.

Maybe we should be treating them somewhat like an Oreo, and dipping them in a glass of Stagg?

I'm thinking that's a good idea.

I'm a fan, though so far it's only the first nibble that has the bourbon kick (I for one was glad not to get bourbon ball levels!) I find that the salt dominates on subsequent bites.

Mine finally showed up at the ol' mailbox. I threw 'em up on the shelf awaiting the next bottle of Stagg I open. I was serious about dipping them in the bourbon...why not?

How big are these bars? Site does not say.

Seems easier (and less $$) to just sip a bit of Stagg while enjoying a bit of high quality chocolate.....

I happened to see an episode of "Good Eats" on Food Network, in which Alton makes chocolate ganache for truffles. The recipe calls for chocolate, butter, cream, corn syrup and brandy.

How big are these bars? Site does not say.

Seems easier (and less $$) to just sip a bit of Stagg while enjoying a bit of high quality chocolate.....

You are right...

Just got and tried some of these. The other comments here are right on. Little (if any) bourbon taste. Chocolate is good but over-priced.

I prefer a Vosges bacon & chocolate bar while sipping my favorite pour. (Also try their smoked almonds covered in chocolate with sea salt)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.