BOTM 2/10: Ezra Brooks-Ezra B 12 Year Old Single Barrel

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So was it still made by or under the supervision of Heaven Hill or could it be from basically anywhere?

So was it still made by or under the supervision of Heaven Hill or could it be from basically anywhere?

:slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin:

Quite a long meandering read. I picked up from it that HH sells bulk whiskey in various forms to anyone and everyone that is willing to pay the price. That being said though, if you reverse 12 years from 7-09 (which is when my bottle of Ezra 12 was bottled), that takes you to 7-97. HH did not have a distillery at that time since their Bardstown distillery burned in 1996. But Bernheim wasn't purchased yet (1999). So which distillery did this bourbon come from???

Quite a long meandering read. I picked up from it that HH sells bulk whiskey in various forms to anyone and everyone that is willing to pay the price. That being said though, if you reverse 12 years from 7-09 (which is when my bottle of Ezra 12 was bottled), that takes you to 7-97. HH did not have a distillery at that time since their Bardstown distillery burned in 1996. But Bernheim wasn't purchased yet (1999). So which distillery did this bourbon come from???

Could still be HH that EB bought it from.

Beam distilled for HH in '97, using HH's specs.

I'm assuming that Parker didn't like it and sold it to EB later on.

Interesting. How did Brown-Forman end up distilling Rittenhouse Rye and Beam ended up doing other stuff?

• 4 months later...

I liked the 15 yr old but after the age statement dropped to 12 that bottle was a bit disappointing in that the oak covered up the flavor. Haven't seen it around in years.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!