C.A.O. L'Anniversaire and Rare Breed

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night I enjoyed a C.A.O. L'Anniversaire No. 4 Corona with a glass of Rare Breed while watching Spider-Man on DVD. Lots of Cedar and black-pepper notes in this cigar. My only complaint was a slight "tannic" taste left in my mouth after about 3/4 of the cigar. Had to wash it away with more WT smirk.gif . Nice "box-pressed" square shape felt good in my hand. I am a pretty slow smoker so this one lasted about an hour, but the Rare Breed had to be refilled a couple of times grin.gif

$5.50/ea at Liquor Barn in Lexington.

• 4 weeks later...

I just enjoyed a glass of Rare Breed earlier this evening but I smoked Hoyo de Monterey Excaliber #3 in maduro with it. I believe a better pairing might have been a Torano Exodus 1959. Its smooth pepper highlights I believe would enhance the Rare Breed experiance. Of course this is my first taste of Rare Breed I might change my mind after a few pours.

Steve,

Way to jump in with both feet laugh.gif Glad to have you here. I have enjoyed Rare Breed with several cigars since my first post. My favorite to date is a Romeo and Julietta Rothchild. The cedar notes, heavily imparted by the cedar lined tube, match up well with the rich, full-bodied, vanilla flavor of the bourbon.

1959????

Like in 1959!!!!

Is this just the name or is it truly a 40+ year old cigar?

I apologize for my tobacco ignorance, but how do you come by 40 year old cigars and at what $$$.

Sounds wonderfully out of my league.

No the name is Exodus 1959. Its like a tribute to pre embargo cubans or something like that. I have never smoked a cuban so I cant say for sure. I draw 3 government pensions and I really dont want to test the waters over the trading with the enemy act. It would be pretty stupid to lose all my pensions over a cigar.

There is also an Exodus 1959 silver lable that has a more pronounce spice to it for those of you that enjoy that flavor profile. In my oppinion I think all Torano cigars are excellent partners with bourbon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.