Padron and Van Winkle

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight I am enjoying a Padron 3000 Maduro and a glass of VW 10yo 107. The Padron had a nice, but almost bitter taste that is offset by the sweet-smoothness of the Van Winkle. The padron 3000 is a nice robusto/rothchilde size that I prefer. I am picking up lots of coffee/espresso notes and something that tastes like an "Egg McMuffin" in this one. The perfect breakfast cigar grin.gif .This adds a nice "smokey" woodsey taste to the fruity bourbon. A nice pair!

Jeff, that has to be the first time I've ever heard anyone say egg mcmuffin in a cigar review!! just shows how different we all are. I love Padron 300 maddies with Knob creek. That coffe/expresso flavor is what I get from them too. That just goes well in my mouth the KC. I'll have to give one a try with the vw 10yo 107!! Thansk for the review!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

that has to be the first time I've ever heard anyone say egg mcmuffin in a cigar review

It was just one of those things that come to you. While in the middle of my cigar, my mouth started watering and tasted like I had just eaten one. I think I was getting a "meaty" taste that reminded me of the Canadian Bacon they use. And something sort of tasted like an egg. Go figure. Now I'm hungry grin.gif Do I head for McDonalds or the humidor confused.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I think we'd all just better fire up the still. I like Padron Maduros of all sizes. What's not to like? confused.gif

Come to your senses, man. Head for the liquor cabinet. wink.gif A little Stagg will wash that after taste right out of your mouth. grin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.