Stagg Hunt

Creggor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have read with great interest everyone comments and tastings note on the new Stagg for BT. Over the past couple years I have quite a long reach in locating various bourbons. I have spent the several hours this past week calling in favors and looking high & low for bottles of Stagg. So far have 5 confirmed bottles waiting for me this summer when in KY. grin.gif Waiting to hear on several more bottles. blush.gif Have also set aside several bottles of Julians 13yr Family Reserve Rye and 2001 Sazerac 18yr Rye. Can't speak for the Stagg as I have not tired it but if you like Rye Julians 13yr and the 2001 bottling of 18yr Sazerac are about the best examples out there. tongue.gif Creggor.

I'll speak for myself and for the most part it is the consensus here and that is , Stagg is the best ever bar none. If buying a few bottles of this in the dark and unknown gives you the Willies, rest assured you could recoup any monies paid at any time. I tasted the Saz at BT this past Sept. and it is fine , fine indeed. I don't know how much VW rye is in the pipeline but I think it should be rated as a BUY . Back to Stagg, by any measure this is a hands down winner. Around 39 bucks , they still would have sold it all if it were twice as high. At 137.6 proof if you watered it down to 100 proof and every thing else being equal it would be about 28 bucks for a 750 ml. This is a 15 year old bourbon this year. Clearly this is a favorite of mine and safe to say it has eclipsed all that have gone before. IMHO.Is it possible to out stagg Stagg? perhaps , I'm not sure I could take it! grin.gif

Hello, Bobby. The thought of recovering the money spent of the Stagg I have already locked up had never even crossed my mind. I had to pay a premium on the bottles I have at my sisters homes in KY. $49.95 per bottle ouch. I am jsut trying to lock enough of this up so that when I do get my hands on it I can drink it when ever I feel like it. grin.gif I am trying to get another 6-10 bottles. I figure that will last me a little while or at least give me some trading power for a couple items I need for my sold called collection. shocked.gif Creggor.

Once you taste it, you will never want to trade it away. I know from experience.

My sister bought four bottles for me, but before I tasted it, I traded a bottle away to another lucky soul on StraightBourbon. I traded for a bottle of OF Birthday Bourbon, which is a fine bourbon. But, after tasting the Stagg, I wish I had never made the trade. (Though, there are absolutely no hard feelings for the person I traded with. We made a deal, fair and square.)

I hear you, I thought of getting rid of a few of the 14 that are mine in the bunker. The idea of having any less than that doesn't appeal to me at all. They ain't eating nothing! grin.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Bobby your bottles of George T. Stagg arern't eating anything. Now I know my spelling has a lot to be desired. And I know my grammer is worse yet still, but you really need to use a dictionary and a third grade English teacher. Just a little tip from your good old uncle Linnster. You are smarter than you write, but few people know the difference. Do us all a favor and write as smart as you really are. Small askince. Big results. Simple fact - You're just as smart as you always were. Take some time. Think smart. Write smart. See???? Easy!

I was wrong, By Golly they are eating, lots too. I found a half a bag of Lays Chips there, a few pizza crusts , An empty Green Giant Can of Green Beans , tomato sauce, and tuna. Jeez , what should I do now? grin.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Spank your English teacher, and demand a tax refund for your parents real estate taxes they paid for all the years while you were in school. I tried doing that with my high school diploma. The county school board commisioner was not amused. My diploma is worthless and so is the school board. I can't sell the one or fire the other. shocked.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

My diploma is worthless and so is the school board.

Linn,

Sorry, I couldn't resist. You know what they say,"A stitch in time is worth two in the bush"

Grammar, with an A, please; not the has-been actor from that LA tv show about a Seattle radio shrink!

blush.gif

----------

Barrel_Proof

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Oh no! Now it's the spelling police. I think I shall take my own advice and make better use of my dictionary.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.