True Confessions

CorvallisCracker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What's the most expensive Bourbon you've ever mixed with cola?

In my case, it was Hirsch 20. After going through (and loving every drop) four bottles of the blue wax 16 year old, the 20 (that I'd saved for over 10 years) was a disappointment. I drank about a third of it neat, about a third in vatting experiments, and a third, yes, with Coke.

I paid $60 for the Hirsch 20, in 1996 dollars.

Some cork tainted 10 year old Michters rye $79.99....2009 dollars. Lovely with ginger ale.:grin:

My first bottle of Booker's small batch was a little over 120 proof and I like to describe it as a mouth grenade. I mixed it with coke to see how it behaved. Let's just say coke and Booker's will make you scream, "flame on" if you don't get enough coke in it. :bigeyes: The Booker's was $50 then.

I've mixed Bookers with Coke on numerous occasions. A bottle here runs at $80-$90 AU. Probably my most expensive mix is 2004 Stagg (I really don't like it) with coke. That bottle cost be about $150 AU to import from Binnys.

I don't do bourbon and coke (ginger ale on rare occasion), but I do use G.T. Stagg when I make bananas foster.

Tom

I've mixed WT & Coke as well as OC and Coke. I've never tried bourbon & ginger ale, though--I love ginger ale! Gonna have to try that mix sometime . . .

I'm going to confess I have never mixed anything more exotic than JD or WT with coke.

Rye and ginger ale is on my list of summer cocktails. I usually use Baby Saz. or WT Rye.

In hot weather I tend to sip Rum more often, and Rum and ginger ale is my favorite.

I'm going to confess I have never mixed anything more exotic than JD or WT with coke.

Rye and ginger ale is on my list of summer cocktails. I usually use Baby Saz. or WT Rye.

In hot weather I tend to sip Rum more often, and Rum and ginger ale is my favorite.

I mixed some Weller 12 from 2000 with coke, and it was pretty good.

That was the most expensive bourbon you ever mixed with Coke?

I ask because that was the original question. Looking at some of the more recent posts, it appears that the dread basement effect is creeping into this thread. :lol:

On the general topic of Bourbon and cola, there's a separate thread in this same forum, titled...(let me check)...oh, yes, Bourbon and cola.

The most expensive bourbon I ever drank in my basement was ER 17. OMG, now I'm doing it!!!

What's the most expensive Bourbon you've ever mixed with cola?..

...and ginger ale, et al.

(in no particular value order, because some are hard to value, though a couple of these bottles were purchased at $150+ -- maybe even ++:rolleyes:)

• Pappy 20 & 23;
  • A.H. Hirsch (Michter's), various;
  • W.L. Weller BIB 7yo from the '40s;
  • Very Old Fitzgerald, distilled in the '50s;
  • numerous Antique Collection bottlings, including GTS;
  • quite a number of one-off bottlings of varied manufacture;
  • Just recently, I finished off the chardonnay-finished BTEC bottlings -- which would top a pro-rata $150 or so if available @ 750ml, and which I didn't particularly care for -- mostly in diet ginger ale;
  • just about anything and everything I've opened over the past 24 months.

When I first boarded this 'train', I drank almost all my bourbon neat. Once I had 45-50 bottles open, I realized if I was ever going to reduce that number I'd better not be so 'purist'!:cool: Inevitably, then, it didn't take long to start realizing the joys of bourbon-and-*. And, I've long remembered and tried to emulate the advice of our host, "The Boss" Jim Butler, who always suggests using the best ingredients available for bourbon-related comestibles.

(I'm currently finishing off my remainders from the Woodford sweet mash bottling, using diet cola tonight, some ginger ale previously.)

I don't do bourbon and coke (ginger ale on rare occasion), but I do use G.T. Stagg when I make bananas foster.

Tom

Maker's is the most expensive bourbon that I have mixed with coke, actually it was an in store brand of diet cola.

I'm not realy a bourbon and Coke kinda guy, but I'll fess up to having tried Booker's and Coke.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.