Sazerac 18 Fall 2001 bottling

rocky480
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anybody have a copy of or a link for the BT notes about the 2001 Sazerac 18?

I've searched everything I can think of, but I can't find much by way of information, reviews, etc. for this particular item. Having recently found two bottles of it, I'm trying to find out whatever I can before I try one of them.

Thanks,

Mike

Does anybody have a copy of or a link for the BT notes about the 2001 Sazerac 18?

I've searched everything I can think of, but I can't find much by way of information, reviews, etc. for this particular item. Having recently found two bottles of it, I'm trying to find out whatever I can before I try one of them.

Thanks,

Mike

I already picked them up over the weekend. I was just trying o find out a little more about what I've gotten myself into! :grin:

My notes - it's an 18 YO Rye whiskey; it's good stuff. What more info do you need?

Seriously, the Saz 18 changes little from year to year in my opinion. The last 3-4 years are the same Rye that was tanked. The earlier years may be a little better, but profile is the same.

I'm still new to all the variety that's out there, and this will be the first time I've tried Saz 18, so I was just trying to find out as much as possible before cracking open the bottle. I was also hoping that somebody here might have known the particulars of the info sheet that BT put out for this, if there was one in 2001.

I'm still new to all the variety that's out there, and this will be the first time I've tried Saz 18, so I was just trying to find out as much as possible before cracking open the bottle. I was also hoping that somebody here might have known the particulars of the info sheet that BT put out for this, if there was one in 2001.

Strangely enough I also found a bottle of 2001 sazerac 18 last week. I thought the 08 was better than the 09 but I have no experience with the earlier ones.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike - where did you find that? I picked up two Saz 18 from 2000 in MD a couple years back.

I've tried a 2008 and a 2004. They weren't side by side, but I think the 2004 was better.

I searched the web, and found nothing. I say crack one open and give us a review. BTW...I'm jealous.:grin:

Email BT and ask them for the info the worst they could do is say no or ignore you. I doubt they do either.

Mike - where did you find that? I picked up two Saz 18 from 2000 in MD a couple years back.

They were at the ABC store in Merrifield. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting that when I walked in there.

When I crack one open, I will definitely post a review of it. I'm looking forward to trying it and also feel motivated to do some real dusty hunting. I'll have to show a little restraint this weekend!

I have emailed BT, but I haven't heard anything yet. I sent the email to the address on the Greatbourbon.com site, and I'm wondering if that might not have been the best place to send the email. If I don't get anything I'll try to customer contact on the BT web site.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.