VOB

Marvin
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

VOB Distillery-the "little kept secret"- I am about to let the cat out of the bag! Hope this may be interesting to those that don't already know about it. One of the reasons VOB is so consistent is because no-one in the business, as far as I know, goes over all the grain to make sure it is just the way Greg wants it. There has been more than one truck-load sent back because it just didn't come up to their standard. They have also, and I hope I get this right because Greg explained it to me several times, an apparatus that gets rid of the amalagahyde (that is is heat-still has some heat but different type). When it comes to aging everyone knows the barrels next to the roof ages very quickly and the barrels next to the ground age slower, but Barton solved this problem as they only use the middle part of their warehouses. This is a very short explanation of what goes on at Barton Distillery. If you would like a tour, you might contact Greg Davis, current Distiller, as he only gives private tours on occasion-it would be well worth your time!

Marvin,

What do they do with the rest of the warehouse? Lease it out to other distilleries needing extra storage? Or does it sit unused?

Omar

bourbonmed- no it just sets empty! Nothing on the top or bottom but air! And it is expensive not to use that portion of the warehouses, but then again that is why VOB is so special.

Cheers,

Marvin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.