Bourbon Cocktails Recipe Blueprint

Beakerboy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Several months ago, I saw an old "Blueprint" style drawing of mixed drinks. Many were stuff I'd never drink, so I redid the thing with bourbon drinks. (I get bored when my wife is on the road for work).

Here's the result. For any engineers out there, I have the AutoCAD version too if you'd like it.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BxXGuVqbpEdGZmRmMjcwNjQtYzk2OC00OGZlLTg1YzItN2VkNjZjMzJlMWQx&hl=en

It's ISO A1 sized (about 2 feet by 3 feet)

The recipes are all from Paul Harrington's excellent "The Drinks Bible for the 21st Century"

Kevin

Kevin,

That is fantastic! I love it. The things we do in our spare time.

:cool: :cool:

As a contractor who stares at prints all day I find this fantastic. Well done.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another one I put together: half one of my Scotch blends (malt and indeed Islay heavy), half Canadian whisky (regular type), rocks and top with ginger ale. I find for this about 50/50 soda to the liquors is right.

Gary

A Manhattan. I used a mingling I keep of about 60% ND OG, and the remainder about half each of I.W. Harper and Beam circa 1968 (date of distillation). I wasn't completely satisfied with each on its own (one was slightly oxidised) but the mingling is extremely good. I usually drink it on its own. Tonight I poured two fingers and then, less than one of red vermouth. In the wide-bodied Evan Williams glass. Cherry (the jar had strong vodka added some months ago), rocks, and two shakes Angostura. Pure Americana.

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.