Heaven Hill, interesting DSP number.

Joshua
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While at a beer tasting in a local liquor store, Mr Virus_of_Life and I found this sitting in the basement. It apparently was used to age Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. The other barrel, also used to age the same product was Heaven Hill, DSP 31.

The Heaven Hill, DSP 354 Bourbon Whiskey was interesting to me, so I figured I would share the picture. It's my understanding this was probably a 97ish distillate and purchased because of the fire.

Who wants to guess what was inside originally!? :lol:

post-4846-14489816789441_thumb.jpg

post-4846-14489816789441_thumb.jpg

While at a beer tasting in a local liquor store, Mr Virus_of_Life and I found this sitting in the basement. It apparently was used to age Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. The other barrel, also used to age the same product was Heaven Hill, DSP 31.

The Heaven Hill, DSP 354 Bourbon Whiskey was interesting to me, so I figured I would share the picture. It's my understanding this was probably a 97ish distillate and purchased because of the fire.

Who wants to guess what was inside originally!? :lol:

I'm guessing EWSB 97. That dsp is Early Times. Or they lied to Goose Island and it was Rittenhouse.:grin:

I believe they did say that the juice was aged at least 10 years in that barrel... so EWSB 97 would make sense

I believe they did say that the juice was aged at least 10 years in that barrel... so EWSB 97 would make sense

EWSB 1997 was distilled at Jim Beam Clermont. The 1998 and 1999 were distilled at DSP 354.

EWSB 1997 was distilled at Jim Beam Clermont. The 1998 and 1999 were distilled at DSP 354.

D'oh. Then it was probably one of those.:lol:

Barrel filled May 14, 1999.

Randy

Good eyes Randy! I stood there looking at that for a good minute and didn't see it, but then again I had kind of forgot the distillery way of dating.

DSP 354 is Brown-Forman's Early Times plant. HH used that facility on a contract basis after the fire, until they were able to acquire and refurbish (ie, de-modernize) New Bernheim.

Rittenhouse Rye is still produced at Early Times, so far as I'm aware.

EDIT: Whoops. I missed Josh's reply. Mine is redundant.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.