BOTM 8/10: Weller Centennial

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yep, but thats why I love WLW.

Ahh, if only I had gotten in the game earlier I would have a basement filled with Centennial and ER 10/101.

you and me both brother! add the obligatory and mandatory SW products and some WT products and i wouldn't visit a liquor store again.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say I share the love shown here for this bourbon. Last December I lucked upon a somewhat dusty Centennial on the open top shelf of a local independent liqour store, and picked it up for $35 as part of a premium wheater tasting I was doing. This juice was sweeter than I care for and had a somewhat unpleasant nose/aftertaste that I'd describe as medicinal. That said, it did remain in rotation and disappeared within a month or so. As I recall it had black foil, which I think someone said meant Louisville. Don't have any other info. The cork crumbled as I was opening it--which caused a panic until I searched the problem/solution on SB. It was quickly strained and all was well. But perhaps I had an "off" bottle. Having not read this thread, I doubt I would have purchased another bottle of Centennial. But now I'll give it a second chance, if I get the chance. Cheers, Charlie

• 1 month later...

I'm still searching! I've found most of the BHC, but no wlw cent. I'm still open for trades if anyone has extras :)

• 5 months later...
What more can be said about WL Weller Cetennial that hasn't been said before..

BT flushed this brand down the toilet for,... well,... I don't know, maybe they had a reason.

It is becoming a ledgend and has been out of production for four years? Or five.

Last time I bought any off the shelf here in MI I think it was $38.00 now some eBay sellers have it $150.00.

I have had several variations of retailers "Selected By" bottles and from both the Louisville and Frankfort distilleries.

The best one I have given the Holy Grail status and that was selected by Julio's Liquors in MA.

It is actually a 12yo, the bottle they selected a year or two prior was a 14yo, I missed out on that one.

It seems to me that one of the top magazines gave WLW Cen a 98 rating, I haven't seen a rating that high since.

* I'm on my last bottle of Julio's Centennial 13 Year as I write. Some of the best bourbon I ever drank. By far, my favorite 100 proofer to date. It will be sorely missed. BB

This is still my favorite bourbon.

I'm glad to have a few stashed, but sad about "if I knew then what I knew now".

• 1 month later...

Is this still available at all? Unfortunately I discovered wheaters late because all I knew of wheated bourbon was Maker's Mark (which I'm not too crazy about). Since I am a big rye fan, I asumed that I would only like ryeed bourbons. Boy was I wrong! My favorite bourbon has become Weller but all I can get here is the Family Reserve and the Old Weller Antique. I have to go up to TN to find the 12 year old.

I've never even seen a bottle of the Centennial. Can someone post an image of the label?

Weller Cent hasn't been produced since somewhere around 2005...sorry for the shitty cell phone pic.

IMG00003.jpg

Those are TRUE dusties! :lol: And they bear the mark of a quality product: They still look delicious under layers of grime!

I was lucky enough to purchase a bottle once (it did have a broken cork though). Unfortunately, I am relatively new to bourbon. None here in MI (or at least that I can find). Too bad......I really enjoyed it.

I was lucky enough to purchase a bottle once (it did have a broken cork though). Unfortunately, I am relatively new to bourbon. None here in MI (or at least that I can find). Too bad......I really enjoyed it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.