News at Maker's

NeoTexan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

(For some reason I can not access Industry News so would someone move this post there? [and check why I can't post in that section])

We have some big news that we find both exciting and sad to share with our Ambassadors this month. Our Master Distiller, Maker's 46 creator and long-time friend, Kevin Smith, will be departing Maker's Mark for a very big job with The Jim Beam Claremont office.

As you know, Kevin has been an important member of the Maker's Mark family over the last 12 years and is extremely well-respected not only by the employees of the Louisville and Loretto teams, but by the bourbon world at large. I also know he has meant a lot to you, our Ambassador friends.

Though this announcement is bittersweet, this is a very significant opportunity for Kevin, and we are enormously proud of him. Victoria MacRae-Samuels (her husband and I are distant cousins) will assume the position of V.P. of Operations while new-hire Greg Davis will become Victoria's Master Distiller. Victoria and Greg will do a great job, and I can't wait for you to meet them.

Thanx 4 the report.

Do you have a link to a press release?

This does sound interesting.

BTW, only Mods can post in the Industry News section, so, hey Mods where's this story?

Gald to see Greg in that position. We chatted with him when we toured Tom Moore back in the spring. He's a talented guy and a nice one to boot. Any word on who's replacing him at Tom Moore?

Did he really spell it "Claremont"? (It's Clermont)

When Greg went over there a couple months ago I wondered when the other shoe was going to drop. I didn't think Greg was going from a master to be somebody's assistant. I wonder what Kevin's going to be doing at Clermont?

Thanx 4 the report.

Do you have a link to a press release?

This does sound interesting.

BTW, only Mods can post in the Industry News section, so, hey Mods where's this story?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.