"Our" Jim Butler in the land of the Canucks...

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This was in the Toronto Star (Canada)...

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?GXHC_gx_session_id_=a53bee4c1541e6e8&pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1035777447419&call_page=TS_Columnists&call_pageid=970599109774&call_pagepath=Columnists

Dear Jon...(right cheer in cantucke that thar name is whare we go potty...)

i hope you is reedin this har post tongue.gif ...cause i jest want to thank ya fer writen about us here in cantucke wink.gif ... grin.gifgrin.gif i is from cantucke grin.gifgrin.gif ... shocked.gif i AIN'T married to my cuz shocked.gif ...we is bar-foot a pregnit most of the tyme blush.gifblush.gif ..but i shor do prehisat you bringin that thar info about us bein "kissin cousins" to my attention...

grin.gifgrin.gif Just a little Kentucky humor grin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

. But to remain a member, you have to pay your dues and drink your bourbon. Because man cannot live on scotch alone. But with scotch and bourbon, he's got a shot.

Bettye Jo,

Aw...I wudn't git all riled up ifn' I wuz you...

That Food Dude has obviously never been to Kentucky in his life. If he had, he would know that we already have the sort of gang he talks about. 'Ceptin' those boys are wearin camo and hauling rifles in a gun rack in that pickum-up truck... smirk.gif

And, if he started spewin' that kind of crap around so's people could hear him, they'd take him out somewhere and teach him some manners...know what I mean? grin.gif

He sounds ostentatious and uppity. As far as I could tell, the only redeeming factor that article had going for it was the mention of StraightBourbon and Jim Butler.

Beej

Bettye Jo: Thanks for posting that link. Fun to see founder Jim and the forum mentioned in the press, even if it comes from a guy who would think "blended" to be a compliment in our circles.

Brenda: And speaking of compliments, may I be the first to send one your direction for that spunky new avatar. She really "lights up" the board.

>This was in the Toronto Star (Canada)...

1. Didja notice that there wuz no mention of Canadian whiskey?

2. I didn't realize that Canadians suck up to pretentious Yankees. I guess

that's how you sell more papers.

3. If he really knew any serious scotch drinkers, he'd know that they drink

bourbon, too.

So, Jim, how often do you get calls from the media anyhow?

Tim

BP,

Why thank you kind Sir... cool.gif

That really is my cat Camo (had a hard time making her hold still with that cigarette in her mouth... wink.gif).

I figured it was 'fittin' since the guys all have photos of their dogs. This forum seems to have a shortage of females, I thought ya'll needed some...errr....kitties around.... smirk.gif

Beej

Once or twice a year Tim. I exchanged a couple emails with the author. I asked him to plug the site, and he did. Can't ask for too much more than that.

Wait a minute, where's my complimentary booze?!?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.