Whiskey Stones?

Sin
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don't know. You drink red wine slightly cooled, but warm up brandy. What is the best temperature for whiskey, and is it the same for all styles?

There is no best temperature, but there's time for you to experiment to see what you prefer.

I was curious about these as well. I just went out in my yard and got a couple smooth river rocks, scrubbed them, and put them in the freezer. They don't chill liquids nearly as much as ice cubes will (because the ice changing phase causes much more heat transfer than just conduction), but I don't like things "ice" cold anyway. The other advantage of river rocks is they are smoother and can be larger than the whiskey stones and less rough on the glass (although I wouldn't just drop them in).

One of my buddies just dropped one into a glencairn, and the glass shattered...not surprised, but be careful if you are using thinner lined glasses.

My technique is to put the stone in first, then pour. But you can use that idea without paying me anything. :cool:

My BIL had these at Christmas, and he had me try them. I found them utterly useless.

My BIL had these at Christmas, and he had me try them. I found them utterly useless.

Don't let him fool you...Joe's entire freezer was filled with them for this last GBS meeting. I think we broke his heart when no one wanted to use them...

Don't let him fool you...Joe's entire freezer was filled with them for this last GBS meeting. I think we broke his heart when no one wanted to use them...

Great job on the mention, Jack. Good work! :D Yes, they have finally arrived. Those are the results of the GBS Private Quarry Selection of Whiskey Stones. We believe we are the first group to ever do such a selection. Hours of relationship building with the country's best rock, stone & aggregate producers have finally payed off! And, by using our 14 point rock selection criteria, (smoothness, weight, glass feel, edge sharpness, color, chill holding capability, etc. Characteristics that the normal whiskey stone selectors can't successfully identify) we have come up with some crazy good stones. I've subtly mentioned their existence in the chatroom, and already have sold 16 sets! GBS Logistics Department will be sending each of you members your allotment, so you may partake in this wonderfully enterprising endeavor with customers in your own area. ;) :cool: ;) :cool:

A little BT in my glass right now, being ideally chilled with GBS Whiskey Stones. I continued to be amazed by these GBS Stones...

I can't wait to list the GBS Whiskey Stones as my #1 Best whiskey thing in the Best of 2012 Thread later this year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.