Seagrams 7 75th Anniversary

Martian
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I believe those are actually NOT dusties. I believe Seagrams made a bottle to look old to go with the 75th anniversary theme.

I believe I saw it in the Bay Area a few years ago. Nice packaging. It may differ from the regular issue in the proof, I'm not sure there, but probably otherwise is similar. It's a semi-dusty faux dusty perhaps. :) Seagram 7 Crown is an excellent, rye-leaning blend. Good whiskey, but not a straight of course.

Gary

I've bought a few bottles of these for around the poker table. A lot of my buddies like whiskey, but they lean towards the lighter Canadian blends. This one is better than "regular" Seagram's 7, I thought, and it's not too expensive.

I don't know when it was bottled, but I haven't seen it on a shelf in a while. I would buy another if I came across it.

• 2 years later...

I have a question about this who makes Seagram's 7 for Diageo? My guess would be LDI\MGP.

Edited by p_elliott

I believe it's still made there, although they could be using whiskey and spirit from multiple sources. It's bottled in Plainfield, Illinois, and I'm not sure if the blending is done in Lawrenceburg or Plainfield, or possibly even Stitzel-Weller, as I know Diageo is doing some blending there.

I had some, about five years ago I think is when it showed up. I get a good rye note from seagrams seven, nice stuff if they would leave the damb caramel out of it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.