BOTM 10/10: Sazerac Rye

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've still never had a Rye. I've been eying the Sazerac for a long time. I wish I could have afforded the 18yr that came and went, and the Handy. I always end up getting bourbon instead. This may have to be my next bottle.

Pikesville Rye is a very good introduction to ryes (if you are in any of the states that sell Pikesville). It is a wonderful Rye.

Could not disagree more strongly with the gent who suggest Overholt or Beam Rye. Those two, in my humble estimation, are the most worthless ryes on the market, bar none. ...

See my other post, newcomer to rye, if you want to try something excellent, not break the bank and find out if you actually LIKE rye whiskey, go grab a bottle of Pikesville for $12-15...

I hope you'll join the rye army, my friend...

Pikesviille Rye is a wonderful rye and an excellent value. Although only sold in about 4 or 5 states, some of the internet sales sites sell it.

Old Overholt was a top-notch rye pre-Prohibition. After production resumed after Prohibition, it was a decent rye. Nowadays, it shows no signs of returning to its previous glory days.

Pikesviille Rye is a wonderful rye and an excellent value. Although only sold in about 4 or 5 states, some of the internet sales sites sell it.

Old Overholt was a top-notch rye pre-Prohibition. After production resumed after Prohibition, it was a decent rye. Nowadays, it shows no signs of returning to its previous glory days.

It's pretty bad stuff, IMO.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.