Those Marvelous Bottlings From Heaven Hill

Marvin
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just got back from my favorite liquor store and purchased 2 cases of HH bib-one with the cream-colored label and a couple of jugs of Master Distiller's Select (one in crock jar), Elijah Craig 18 YO and found 1 bottle of 1988 vintage, so I couldn't pass that one up. Also picked up a couple bottles of Henry McKenna, which may not mean much to most of you, but I bet Boone is happy- Be sure to tell Max.

Life is good-no we are not going out for dinner tonight-but sitting home enjoying some of what we just bought. Sure wish you were here!

Cheers,

Marvin

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

Sure wish you were here!

Bobby-Just can't think of anyone better to have for company than you-all!!! Just load up the van and head on up. All of you are more than welcome anytime, and I can assure you I have enough bourbon for everyone. There are a few of you I haven't met so at the bourbon festival this year I hope to meet everyone, just in case I don't see you in the meantime. I have a lot of tasting to do tonight, so here is a toast to all of you!!!! From Master Distillers Select, no less.

Cheers,

Marvin

PS-Bobby what is your opinion of the Master Distillers Select?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

PS-Bobby what is your opinion of the Master Distillers Select?

Bobby-Go ahead and pop the cork-you will be glad you did, I think. It's better than their vintage in my opinion. $30 is about right, I paid $26.40 for mine. This is my 8th or 9th bottle I have purchased-just can't seem to keep them full!! You are right about Linn-usually when Linn says something is OK it is absolutely marvelous to the rest of us.

Cheers,

Marvin

I just finished off my bottle of EWSB '91, this afternoon. It was excellent, indeed. See my posting in the Single Barrel forum.

Tim

Marvin,

I will make a copy of this and take it to work with me grin.gif ...

Franz?...Mr. Franz...Mr. Marvin Franz...or Marvin?...

Which one? Gonna try to get you a private (personalized) label...Pick which name you prefer...

Give me just a bit, to look into it...I've seen them...they are really neat!

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Marvin,

I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here. I know you didn't ask me but...bobbyc know's that rarely slows me down... grin.gif .

I'm a big fan of Evan Williams, the black label 7yr. old and the single barrel. A few months ago, Bettye Jo was kind enough to bring me a bottle of the Distiller's Select. I think it's excellent stuff! More complex and a nicer finish than the only single barrel I've tried (feel really stupid because I can't remember what year it was... crazy.gif ).

Anyway...you did good!

Beej

• 2 weeks later...

Marvin,

Taaaaaaaaa Daaaaaaaaa...Here it is...as promised...

Bottled especially for grin.gif Marvin Franz grin.gif ...

post-20-14489811138965_thumb.jpg

Now Jim...

Look no further...

Bottled especially for James E. Butler...Straightbourbon.com

PPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSS!@$^&*&*&*^% :

NA...NA...NA...NAAAAA

NA...NA...NA...NAAAAAAAA

HEY...HEY...HEYYYYY.......

GOOD-BYEEEEEEEEEEE.........

post-20-14489811139232_thumb.jpg

Hmmmmmmm...probably down to the "C's"...or was that the "B's" for Bourbonian of the Year...

Now is that for real, or did you just get a new copy of Photoshop 7.0 wink.gif

Pretty cool Bettye Jo, I think I like it! Is it EW black label in the bottle?

7.0...Hmmmmmm...Now ya know better than that...I don't accept...anything...less than a 10 blush.gif ...

cool.gif In anything cool.gif ...

It's Evan Williams 7 year 86 in the bottle grin.gif ...

Bettye Jo,

I am speechless for the first time in my life, which I know is hard for anyone to believe, but seriously I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. If there is any bourbon you would like to try and I have it in my collection I will be glad to bring it to Bardstown with me.

I am having a drink of 18 YO Elijah Craig right now-here's to you BettyeJo-May you live long and prosper!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Marvin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.