Kentucky Bourbon candle

silverfish
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My wife & her sister were doing some sewing this past wknd and they

had a candle burning. I asked what the scent was and was told it was

Kentucky Bourbon! I found them on-line at Candleberry. The description:

"Bourbon distillers such as Wild Turkey, Jim Beam and Jack Daniels carry our

Kentucky Bourbon flavor in their gift shops in one form or another. The scent

includes caramel, vanilla, and just a touch of seasoning from the barrels used

to age Bourbon. Totally intoxicating but legal."

Thought I'd share in case anyone else might be interested - they have

seven different sizes. It has a nice scent to it.

I believe this is the same type of candle that I picked at the HH Gift Shop a couple of years ago. It sits on a shelf in my garage. Occasionally, when I'm getting something off that shelf, I'll pick up a whiff of the candle. Takes me back to Bourbon Country, and usually prods me to have a pour. As if I need more prodding. It is a nice smell.

I've bought a number of these over the years, in KY and by mail. They smell great. It is also a good solution for when my wife wants a candle going but I don't want it to mess with my whiskey sippin !

I've been wanting to pick a couple of these up for months now, but most places won't ship internationally or if they do they charge a small fortune. Thanks for posting the link to their store - it's another avenue for me to check out.

• 5 years later...

Now, Bath & Body Works has a bourbon candle, along with other bourbon smelling air fresheners.    And, don't ask me what I was doing in Bath & Body Works... :unsure:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Damn Joe, you just made the day for Mrs BigRich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that's just the thing to compliment my Black & Milds :D

The wifey being an inveterate burner of candles, I may finally have one (or a few?) that I don't mind smelling as they dwindle away.    I'll have to look into these.

Thanx for the leg work, Joe!    I'd never have found these without your sacrifice.

I'm thinking that's just the thing to compliment my Black & Milds [emoji3]

Oh no. Please don't corrupt that amazing bouquet (he says while gagging)

We passed a B&BW on our way out of the theater last night (saw Green Room, GREAT movie!) so we stopped in to check out that candle. BLECCHH! I don't know what they were thinking with that one but it smelled like some sort of perfume and nothing like bourbon. They had a Wine Cellar candle that smelled pretty good, though.

The Buffalo Trace candles are equally gag inducing IMO.  Steer clear if you have thoughts of making a purchase. 

I'm quite a fan of the ones they burn at Heaven Hill and Jim Beam.  Can't remember what brands they are, but I did pick up an Evan Williams Warm Bourbon Cider candle on my last visit in 2014.  The family hate the smell, so I've never burnt it and have to keep it in a sealed plastic bag, but the smell it gives off (even through the bag) every time I walk into my bourbon room immediately remind me of Kentucky :)

(now if only they could bottle the smell of a barrel house!)

6 hours ago, camduncan said:

(now if only they could bottle the smell of a barrel house!)

Now THAT is a worthy goal!!  I'd buy a @#$%-ton of candles if they could nail that (or if they could bottle the smell I'll still refer to as "Barton's Cooking!" because it sounds cooler than "Barton's Drying Slop!" . . . two of my favorite smells on the planet!)

• 8 months later...
On 5/10/2016 at 4:56 AM, GaryT said:

Now THAT is a worthy goal!!  I'd buy a @#$%-ton of candles if they could nail that (or if they could bottle the smell I'll still refer to as "Barton's Cooking!" because it sounds cooler than "Barton's Drying Slop!" . . . two of my favorite smells on the planet!)

Amen x 2!  Barrel house is the greatest smell on earth.  And right up there next to it is the heavenly scent wafting through Bardstown that I also and independently called "Barton's Cooking."  I never got a scent like that around any other distillery, it's so pronounced, and wonderful, there.  

Anyway, to try to contribute to this thread, I've always been disappointed in the bourbon candles.  (Perhaps because I keep wanting it to smell like barrel house and never comes close)  However, an equally masculine choice that I just love and burn in my study at home is this DW Home Warm Pipe Tobacco.  https://smile.amazon.com/Decoware-Richly-Scented-Tobacco-2-Wick/dp/B00FZFLU8G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484682588&sr=8-2&keywords=dw+home+warm+tobacco+pipe+candle 

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.