Double Manhattan Breakfast

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Okay, so joking around on teh interwebz, I came up with the concept of "The Double Manhattan Breakfast"...so here's the challenge:

If the Double Manhattan is the star of the show, what do you serve to go with it?

Perhaps "The Double Manhattan Breakfast" could become part of your birthday/anniversary/holiday/it's-gonna-be-a-rough-day-at-work-so-I-better-tie-one-on-first-thing ritual...what would you like it to be?

Oh, I'm not sure it's all that strange...a bit more manly than a champagne brunch, perhaps...

The whole thing reminds me of the Saturday brunch I had at Commander's Palace. I cannot completely describe the breakfast, but I remember oysters in a puff pastry. I can't recall the main egg dish, but suffice to say, it was complex.

Anyway, I had it with Absinthe Milk Punch. All told, it was one of the greatest meals of my life.

Tim

The whole thing reminds me of the Saturday brunch I had at Commander's Palace. I cannot completely describe the breakfast, but I remember oysters in a puff pastry. I can't recall the main egg dish, but suffice to say, it was complex.

Anyway, I had it with Absinthe Milk Punch. All told, it was one of the greatest meals of my life.

Tim

Food just gets in the way of a good Manhattan, especially a double Manhattan. Just drink it. It's the "Breakfast Of Champions".

Joe :usflag:

Had some Bourbon Ball French Toast at Lynn's Paradise Cafe this morning. I was contemplating ordering a Bourbon Milkshake as well and it made me think of this thread. The French Toast is highly recommended by the way...

Man, how come I never heard of this place when I lived in Louisiana and had tons of student loan money to blow?

Commander's Palace also has $0.25 martinis at lunch, along with some 3 course fixed price for about $25. I was there about 6 weeks - great deal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.