Four Roses: Revenge of the Fallen or Pluck a Red rose: The Rise of Rutledge

Josh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ok, those aren't the real titles, but according to the official Four Roses fan page on FB, 4R Brand Ambassador Al Young has written a book on the rise, fall and resurrection of Four Roses. It's due out early December, and there will be launch events in Lou & Lex.

This is (apparently) the cover.

post-3804-14489816991099_thumb.jpg

There's no way Chuck could see some sort of gay subtext in that, surely.

To be a subtext it has to be sub.

picky, picky, picky. :grin:

Seriously, the stuff coming out of Four Roses is some of the best hooch on the market today. Look foward to my trip to Chi town in Jan, will raid Binny's for as much my car trunk can handle. Just wish MI had even more 4R's selection.

picky, picky, picky. :grin:

Look foward to my trip to Chi town in Jan, will raid Binny's for as much my car trunk can handle. Just wish MI had even more 4R's selection.

????????????

Something special coming out or just the annual "essentials" shopping trip?

????????????

Something special coming out or just the annual "essentials" shopping trip?

Nothing special, except we in the Mitten don't have access to any of the Barrel Strength offerings or Mirage 08, 09 or now the recently released SmB LE. I have had the pleasure of tasting some of these and look foward to picking up some bottles. Also I am taking my wife to Chicago to see "Wicked" as an Xmas gift. So I figured as long as I'm there...

Al is having an event promoting the book at the Filson on December 8th and at the Hunt-Morgan House on December 9th. Four Roses is donating the the ticket sales to the Filson for the event here in Louisville and i assume they are doing the same to the Hunt-Morgan House. Here at the Filson we will be drinking some William Berkele bourbon sold by Frankfort Distillery during prohibition, along with Four Roses products. It should be a great time.

Mike Veach

threadjack: nice avatar, Oscar.

Ditto

It was fune to watch some of Sparky's old games with the Reds & Tigers on ESPN classics. Nobody will ever forget 84'.

Oscar,

The University Press has it and it is being "reviewed" now. I expect it to be out in about a year.

Mike Veach

Al is having an event promoting the book at the Filson on December 8th and at the Hunt-Morgan House on December 9th. Four Roses is donating the the ticket sales to the Filson for the event here in Louisville and i assume they are doing the same to the Hunt-Morgan House. Here at the Filson we will be drinking some William Berkele bourbon sold by Frankfort Distillery during prohibition, along with Four Roses products. It should be a great time.

Mike Veach

That sounds like a great event Mike. Any chance you can get me a ticket?

• 1 month later...

Got the Four Roses book today via Amazon. Haven't had the chance to read it yet but, flipping through it, the pictures look great (particularly of the 4R advertisements.

looks like a good addition to the library.

Still waiting for my copy.

Ordered on Dec 4 and I checked the status this morning and it still has not shipped and they say arrival date is Dec 31-Jan 12.

I've never had an order take this long from Amazon before.

Still waiting for my copy.

Ordered on Dec 4 and I checked the status this morning and it still has not shipped and they say arrival date is Dec 31-Jan 12.

I've never had an order take this long from Amazon before.

Keep us updated Oscar..... The book would likely never be released here, so Amazon is my only option. It's in my cart waiting to finalise our order, but says it takes up to 3 weeks to ship :skep:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.