Bobby's Bourbon Balls Around the World

bobbyc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have given some of the StraightBourbon folks a few of the Bourbon Balls I make. ( High Proof , if there's a secret that's it). I made a lot of them this past Christmas and gave them away and took to parties etc. I gave the recipe to a Lady in our garden club. Her son is on Scholarship to a University in Hong Kong. They made 300 of them and he has taken them back there. They will be consumed at a celebration of the schools anniversary. Hope they go over well , the other thing is we may be priming a few future Bourbon consumers here as well. One thing I am sure of and it bears repeating here, If it's good enough to cook with it must be good enough to drink. I cringe when I pour in the 107 VW or some equal or better Bourbon, but the end result is worth the added expense! laugh.gif

Good for you! How bout sending some to NC?

I spent two weeks in six cities in Asia a couple years ago. I spend one night in HK. It was towards the end of my two weeks so I was hankering for a steak. I ate at Mr. Steak near the convention center. They didn't know what the hell a bourbon was. I was only offered Canadian and Scotch. I settled for Cabernet.

A couple nights later, I finished off one bar's very dusty bottle of Makers Mark in Beijing. Hint: after two weeks in Asia, it is stupid to forget where you are while celebrating your last night away from home. In other words, order neat! Not on the rocks! Otherwise, you will regret it when you are crossing the Pacific.

A week before Beijing, I was in Seoul. The hotel at the convention center was cheap in US dollars but don't order bourbon at the bar! Two double drinks = $46 US. Ouch!

Bobby,

You are right about the high proof. I made mine this past christmas using Stagg. They were the best I have ever had. It did almost make me cry when I was pouring the Stagg though grin.gif

Now there's a subject close to my heart, Stagg! In fact I'm doing a little project in the Bunker and it is <font color="red"> So Nice </font color> to be <font color="red"> So Close</font color> to <font color="red"> So Much </font color> of that wonderful elixir.Maybe I'm a damn fool, but in my opinion there is nothing better in Bourbon. While everyone is entitled to their opinions as well, I'm at a loss when someone states otherwise. grin.gif

There hasn't been nearly enough talk about Stagg here in the recent months. I think we need an entire forum dedicated to its beauty and wonderfullness. A little bit of heaven on earth...the nectar of the gods...the life blood of all things good and decent. cool.gif

As BettyeJo would say, OHH YEAH! I'm not trying to be a Stagg Bourbon Snob, there are lots of great Bourbons for us to try, I just feel like If there was such a thing as a Bourbon Crown, Stagg would be the jewel in it! grin.gif

If you did create a dedicated forum, I'd get even more hankerings to pour. That would be bad for my stash. I need my stash to last me a little while, say a few years. I don't want to be out by summer's end!

Jeff,

That's fine for you lucky guys who have it stockpiled by the case in your earthquake-proof, ice storm-resistant bourbo-bunkers.

But what about those of us who were timid, cheap, or geographically disadvantaged and who only have a couple of bottles or less?

We need someone to invent Stagg Helper to extend our pitfully small supplies as far as possible. grin.gif

It's a terrible quandary. I don't ever want to run out, but I don't want to leave any behind for my unappreciative heirs, either. confused.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

That's fine for you lucky guys who have it stockpiled by the case in your earthquake-proof, ice storm-resistant bourbo-bunkers.

Well, if there are any Junior/Senior members out there who don't have a bottle, they can send me a PM. I am going to WV again in mid-March. I can see if I can pick up some more GTS. I'll start with the first three people, one bottle each.

Note that this offer is open to those who don't have a bottle already. It's not an easy thing to pack and mail these things, so I want to concentrate on the less fortunate.

And, I want to restrict this to Jr/Sr members, not because I don't like the new users, but because, I don't want to have alot of people asking me. I am guessing that most of the Jr/Sr members who want Stagg, already have some lined up. I am going for those folks who've been here a while and who are tired of hearing Bobby, Jeff, and I.

Your cost would be my cost - cost for the bottle + shipping cost.

Disclaimer: This gesture is valid only for those whose states allow personal shipments and who are not law enforcement officers. ;-)

That isn't counting the drinker I have open and another that's present but has a different status other than me owning it.

grin.gifgrin.gif

Bobby,

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

( High Proof , if there's a secret that's it)...If it's good enough to cook with it must be good enough to drink. I cringe when I pour in the 107 VW or some equal or better Bourbon, but the end result is worth the added expense!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.