SW All Gone

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone know if the Spring 2011 release of Pappy 15 was BT juice as well?

Only Julian knows, but I've got about an inch left on mine(It's been open for about 6 months), and it sure seems like Bernheim to me. Maybe BT, but certainly not S-W.

Only Julian knows, but I've got about an inch left on mine(It's been open for about 6 months), and it sure seems like Bernheim to me. Maybe BT, but certainly not S-W.

For that matter, does anybody have a feeling for when the last S-W Pappy 15 was produced? Do the 2009 bottles taste S-Wy? 2008?

For that matter, does anybody have a feeling for when the last S-W Pappy 15 was produced? Do the 2009 bottles taste S-Wy? 2008?

Nobody really knows except for Julian and Preston, and a handful of others. but the general talk is that J&P bottled all of the remaining S-W juice they had that hit 15 yrs that FIT the profile, and have been releasing it slowly since 1998.

I've also heard that they've been blending it with BT stuff. Others claim its Bernheim. A lot of credit must go to J&P for their incredible guerrilla marketing, but we make the whiskey even more ethereal with our rumors...

Thinking about all the pixels we've spilled on Stitzel-Weller, over so many years, it occurs to me that the only legitimate excuse for not tasting Stitzel-Weller whiskey is being born too late.

Thinking about all the pixels we've spilled on Stitzel-Weller, over so many years, it occurs to me that the only legitimate excuse for not tasting Stitzel-Weller whiskey is being born too late.

Unfortunately, I fall into this group.

• 3 months later...

so, this thread has been around a while.

wonder how much SW Pappy 20 is left now.

Given what an iconic bourbon it is, maybe they should retire the name when they start using BT juice (realizing they didn't do away with Pappy 15) and call it something else.

so, this thread has been around a while.

wonder how much SW Pappy 20 is left now.

Given what an iconic bourbon it is, maybe they should retire the name when they start using BT juice (realizing they didn't do away with Pappy 15) and call it something else.

They would never do this. Pappy Van Winkle commands a high price due to quality and scarcity. Buffalo Trace probably signed an agreement where the Pappy name won't be retired.

Now what if ER17 gets retired and a Van Winkle 17 becomes the next BTAC? hehe

• 1 month later...
Yup,

$17.99 for Weller 12.

$18.99 for OWA.

STLb

Holy Mother of God. Where?

For the record, my bewilderment stems not so much from the price itself (which is, by standards with which I am familiar, excellent) but rather from the fact that this must have been right under my nose for the longest time. I am finishing school in Columbia, and both my parents and my inlaws live in St. Louis. Prices in college town MO liquor stores kind of suck, but without the hope of a viable alternative I have carried my cross with grim resignation. Goddammit.

I don't necessarily want to fill up this thread with a side conversation and will PM if that is more appropriate, but I feel like people from a 200 mile radius of STL with any reason to be in the city once a year or more should know about this place.

Holy Mother of God. Where?

I don't necessarily want to fill up this thread with a side conversation and will PM if that is more appropriate, but I feel like people from a 200 mile radius of STL with any reason to be in the city once a year or more should know about this place.

You kidding?! You joined SB the same month that post was made.

You're gonna have to be quicker than that if you wanna take advantage

of the good deals.

I hope that "all day every day" means that this price is not a passing sale but rather a more or less stable price situation. In any case, I have never seen Weller 12 for less than $25 or OWA for less than $23 in COMO, so a regular pricing that low, even if it has changed somewhat over 5 months, still promises a significantly better value than what I see here.

But yeah, if that pricing totally dissolved, that would suck.

I hope that "all day every day" means that this price is not a passing sale but rather a more or less stable price situation. In any case, I have never seen Weller 12 for less than $25 or OWA for less than $23 in COMO, so a regular pricing that low, even if it has changed somewhat over 5 months, still promises a significantly better value than what I see here.

But yeah, if that pricing totally dissolved, that would suck.

No, no, hell no. The other part of that premise was that you had to have a reason to be in St. Louis periodically - which I do because I have parents and inlaws in the city. Also, given my budget limitations and my wife's related skepticism, $25 for an everyday bourbon is a no go, but $18-19 would put me under our (her) limit. SO, this means I have never bought my own bottle of OWA or Weller 12, and I have now discovered that I could have easily done so. So I insist on my first 'Goddamit' reponse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.