Bourbon Bloopers

cornsqueezins
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This evening I stopped by a local bookstore and was browsing through the wine and spirits section when I came across a new book on spirits that I had not seen before. I can't, for the life of me, remember the name or author of the book. But I guess that's probably best because as I got to thumbing through the book and checking out the different sections I saw an unspeakable blooper in the pages on bourbon.

The text below a certain image read something like this: "The life size memorial of Jack Daniels is one of the most photographed of its kind in America".

Of course you'd expect to see a picture of the famous Jack Daniels statue which used to sit near Cave Spring in Lynchburg but has now been moved to the JD visitor center.

But the picture was of Elmer T. Lee standing beside the Col. Albert Blanton statue at the Buffalo Trace distillery!! laugh.gif

You could even make out very plainly the inscription at the foot of the statue.

I'd like to think this was a simple editing mistake. But it sure does seem like a big goof for a book on spirits. If it had been a book solely about bourbon this would have been an unforgiveable sin.

Not that the Blanton legacy or BT is disgraced by such a mistake, though some would probably think so. It's just that I thought anybody who was remotely familiar with whiskey in America knew what Jack Daniels looked like!

-Troy

It's probably not an editing mistake. I found a book in our library here about Whiskey and it was more about Scotch and Irish but had a Bourbon section and that all looked as though they had picked up travel brochures( available at any interstate rest area) and just copied them in. grin.gif

The sad part is that for 90% of the people who will see that book , Albert Blanton's statue labeled as Jack Daniels is sufficient.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.