Whiskey Tree

SMOWK
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I know it's the same source as Old Fitz, but Larceny should be added to the Heaven Hill Wheated Bourbon category, and Stagg Jr. can be added to the BT #1.

• 8 months later...

Anybody know why the Jim Beam mashbill only adds up to 99%??? :rolleyes:

Anybody think there's something else making up that last hundredth? :bigeyes:

....Or, are they just rounding down from decimals on two or more of the components, and winding up short because of that?

....Or, are they just rounding down from decimals on two or more of the components, and winding up short because of that?

The leftover 1% is where the 'funk' goes.

The leftover 1% is where the 'funk' goes.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrt95y_parliament-give-up-the-funk-tear-the-roof-off-the-sucker_music

• 3 weeks later...

I think we're missing Buffalo Trace's other Rye mashbill, the corn-free one that they use for EH Taylor Rye.

I think we're missing Buffalo Trace's other Rye mashbill, the corn-free one that they use for EH Taylor Rye.

I mentioned it somewhere deep in the bowels of this thread. The problem is no one outside BT knows what it is for sure. Chuck Cowdery has speculated that it is probably about 90/10 in the CEHT Rye thread.

Anybody have confirmation out there?

• 4 months later...

I made an excel doc so that we have all the info complete i one document, but I need a little help finishing it. if you download the doc (link at bottom of this post) you'll see its divided by Major Distillery, mashbill, and the major expressions/bottlings of each mashbill. I'd like to add proof/alcohol content, and ballpark price for each one as well.

You guys interested in helping on this?

Here's the link..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwInGNOJTJT1b3lfUTdFb2hUQUE/view?usp=sharing

Matt

Price can vary greatly across the country so hard to put a single price or even a ballpark price on any particular bottle. Might identify and use a standard benchmark price like Binnys price in Chicago. They have most things though probably not everything.

At first glance Old Overholt has already changed and is now a 3yo.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Currently working on updating the tree. Shoot me a message or post in this thread if you want to remind me of something or have a point to discuss or bone to pick. 

Edited by Josh

Thanx for taking this on, Josh!    It's probably about due, and I can't think of anybody more knowledgeable , or a better writer of such facts than you, my friend.   Have at it!

I have a bone to pick . . . why is it a whiskey tree? Or a whiskey . . . decoder ring?  Or a whiskey . . . geranium?  Huh?!  Who's running this popsicle stand anyways?!?! ;) 

• 1 year later...
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 7:41 PM, GaryT said:

I have a bone to pick . . . why is it a whiskey tree? Or a whiskey . . . decoder ring?  Or a whiskey . . . geranium?  Huh?!  Who's running this popsicle stand anyways?!?! ;) 

Cause there are Bourbon mashbills listed and there are Rye mashbills listed and whiskey covers them both quite neatly! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I'm not understanding something, but the list says I.H. Harper is not available in the U.S. but i just bought one.  What am I missing?

5 minutes ago, Sour Mash Esq. said:

I'm sure I'm not understanding something, but the list says I.H. Harper is not available in the U.S. but i just bought one.  What am I missing?

It wasn't available a few years ago when the tree graphic was created.

• I like it 1

Yeah, there a few changes, and likely additions that could be made, if only some enterprising (and knowledgeable) soul wanted to jump into the fray.     I'm not the guy (on either count); but some here certainly qualify. 

Of course some time would likely be required to do justice to a proper update, so I completely understand why it hasn't been done in a while.

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, evasive said:

New to SB- are there any updates or revisions to this?

See my post directly above yours, evasive. 

To do a really worthwhile update will take a good deal of time, knowledge, effort, and even research, since so much has changed/evolved during last few years. 

Not hard to understand why nobody has "assigned themselves" such a task.

3 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

See my post directly above yours, evasive. 

To do a really worthwhile update will take a good deal of time, knowledge, effort, and even research, since so much has changed/evolved during last few years. 

Not hard to understand why nobody has "assigned themselves" such a task.

The perfect person to undertake such a task would be he who has a lot of free time...like a...retired guy...

Or, Josh...

:D

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

The perfect person to undertake such a task would be he who has a lot of free time...like a...retired guy...

Or, Josh...

:D

Believe me, Joe; if I had the computer skills to do the research, I'd take a poke at it, since I am "a retired guy". 

However, my feeble skills end with my poor attempts to keep up here, and answer the few e-mails I get from from around 5-folx.    Pitiful. :o  I know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.