Bourbon Heritage Collection VHS Tape

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was visiting with a former liquor store owner recently and we were discussing which high-end bourbons were a hard sell when he had a couple of stores. He specifically mentioned the Bourbon Heritage Collection was a pretty slow mover. He added that in addition to the display case that came when you purchased the complete set of five bourbons, you could get a VHS tape describing the history of each bottling and some comments on tastes. I had never heard of this. So I did a little searching and saw references to the tape being associated with the display case. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I'd like to see who produced/participated in making the tape.

Randy

I was visiting with a former liquor store owner recently and we were discussing which high-end bourbons were a hard sell when he had a couple of stores. He specifically mentioned the Bourbon Heritage Collection was a pretty slow mover. He added that in addition to the display case that came when you purchased the complete set of five bourbons, you could get a VHS tape describing the history of each bottling and some comments on tastes. I had never heard of this. So I did a little searching and saw references to the tape being associated with the display case. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I'd like to see who produced/participated in making the tape.

Randy

That's news to me. Chris Morris would know, as he would have been the person who did it.

I wonder if your guy might not be confusing the Bourbon Heritage Collections with the Classic Malts Collection. Same company at the time and the BHC was inspired by the CMC.

Just from how many of the BHC's continue to be found, I don't doubt that they were a tough sell when they came out. Low to mid $30's was kinda high, I guess. I've never seen that style display case in the Worthpoint picture. The ones I've seen, and the one I picked up last week, are wood. Though, the outside of that box looks like the paper design used on the miniature set. Here's the wood display case. Next time I'm through there, I'll ask him about the VHS.

post-692-14489817044838_thumb.jpg

post-692-14489817044838_thumb.jpg

I own one of these VHS tapes. We watched it last April for a MAWLS event. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13857 . It is kinda cheesy, with the bluegrass music band playing in the background and comparing the different whiskies to the different intrumenst in the band, but it was from 1994, so.....

Howie

I own one of these VHS tapes. We watched it last April for a MAWLS event. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13857 . It is kinda cheesy, with the bluegrass music band playing in the background and comparing the different whiskies to the different intrumenst in the band, but it was from 1994, so.....

Howie

Make us some copies Howie! :grin: Joe

Let's get it digital so it can be posted here and downloaded by all members. I can assist if you need me.

Great idea! Count me in as someone who'd wanna see this cheesy production!

I don't think Jim "The Boss" Butler would take too kindly to that idea. He pretty strict on copyright infringements on his website.

Wouldn't ..............

I don't think Jim "The Boss" Butler would take too kindly to that idea. He pretty strict on copyright infringements on his website.

I wouldn't necessarily have to post it here. Send me the tape, and everybody PM me an e-mail address...

That works ..........

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.