Tis the season for gifts in the mail

TomH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just came in from shoveling the driveway (I really wanted to become a snowbird!) and picked up the mail. It included a small box from Maker's Mark, their annual Christmas gift. Opened it up and found a red plastic tray and a statement about bourbon balls. Anticipating 4 sweet chocolate bourbon morsels, I was disappointed when I opened it up and found it empty (did they forget to put the stuff in there?). Leave it to my wife to read the enclosed card which informed me that I now had a tray to make the big ice balls used in drinks - no longer disappointed (I always thought those things were neat - even though I don't use ice that often).

What are the other distilleries sending this year ?

Tom

I received a calender in the mail today from Jack Daniels. I also received e-mails from Old Forester and Four Roses. Four Roses said to watch my mail for a gift arriving soon. :grin: Joe

No glass this year from Four Roses. Got an ornament. Not sure how that applies to the Happy Hanukah wishes they express.

I received my ornament from Four Roses, and bourbon ice cube ball tray from Maker's Mark today. Joe

An ornament from Four Roses that arrived 34 cents postage due. :bigeyes:

You can't make stuff like that up.

That's what you get for ogling the head of marketing. :grin:

Mines already on the tree.

Call FR and complain, they'd probably put a 34 cent check in the mail with an additional stamp on it:lol:

FedEx just dropped off a package from Heaven Hill. I opened it up to find a stack of one hundred or so black paper cocktail napkins. Printed on them in gold ink, "American Whiskey Collection". Underneath that they list their brands: EW, EC, Bernheim Wheat, PHC and Ritt. :thankyousign: HH.

I am digging the MM ice ball trays. I almost always drink my bourbon neat, but these will definitely come in handy for iced tea, soda, mixed drinks, etc. Melted ice ruins everything!

Houston, we have a problem.

[ATTACH]11665[/ATTACH]

:slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin:

That's funny. I don't care who you are.

FWIW, they crack/pop too. I was having a mixed drink last night with my son. Had one of those in my rocks glass. Went to take a drink. "POP!" Sounded like a small firecracker going off. :bigeyes: Darn near pissed myself. :skep: Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Bic lighter cover from Rebel Yell, which isn't as cool as the flask last year, but it's the thought that counts.

• 11 months later...

Bumping this up for this years goodies. So far I've received the MM bottle sweater, and a calender from JD. Joe

Bumping this up for this years goodies. So far I've received the MM bottle sweater, and a calender from JD. Joe

I don't have any Maker's so had to find another use for my bottle sweater

I'm wondering if I know anyone with a cat or dog small enough for it to fit...

How does one get on the gift lists?

I've been wondering this as well. Feel free to send a pm.

The first thing I thought about the Maker's sweater was that it would be a good dog sweater as well. I had to buy some for my family christmas card:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_rogeraf_/6512566181/in/photostream

(We edited their eyes a bit more so they don't look quite as creepy.)

How does one get on the gift lists?

For MM, just sign up to be a MM Ambassador. As far as most of the other distilleries go, just sign up on their websites. Joe

Received the Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage personalized label the other day from the Bardstown Whiskey Society. Annoyingly, it has the 2002 date on it. The 2002 barrels won't be released until after the holidays, making my 2011 Holiday personalized message useless. :lol: I will just put it on the 2001 & pretend.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.