Tis the season for gifts in the mail

TomH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I assume we're talking about Jim Rutledge here fellows?

Sorry about that squire, yes I was referring to Jim Rutledge. I thought I had copied the previous post mentioning the 4R's keychain.

Mike

Could be my short attention span Mike, that sort of thing happens when you get older. The down side is I can't remember a darn thing but the upside is I always have to tell the truth so I don't have to try and recall what story I told.

MM forgot about me this year :(

I just signed up as an ambassador in Dec '11. In August they sent me a folder with a certificate and business cards. But Xmas swag for me.

I just signed up as an ambassador in Dec '11. In August they sent me a folder with a certificate and business cards. But Xmas swag for me.

You're not alone. I got the sweater last year but nothing this year. From what others have posted, we're not missing anything. FR remembered me, and I'm cool with that.

You're not alone. I got the sweater last year but nothing this year. From what others have posted, we're not missing anything. FR remembered me, and I'm cool with that.

Me three. Happy to have the 4R keychain, though!

• 10 months later...

Looks like it's that time again. The MM bottle nightcap arrived today. Anyone else receiving distillery goodies yet?

I got my nightcap a few days ago. That kind of thing builds more brand loyalty than is should, I'm ashamed to say. I'm even thinking about serving Maker's Mark to guests who ask for it. Normally discouraged it before.:grin:

I got mine yesterday. I totally forgot I had signed up. It's a totally ridiculous thing, but all in fun and good cheer! When I opened it with a smile my girlfriend looked at me like I was a total weirdo (but that's nothing new) and she just slowly backed out of the room.

Any kind of gift at all is much better than a sharp stick in the eye. At least some of the distilleries try and reward their loyal customers. However "cheesy", I enjoy whatever gifts I receive from any distillery. It's all good. :grin:

I know when we got the "bottle sweaters" a couple years back, I thought they were cute. Then my wife had the brilliant idea of stuffing one of our cats into it. I said "That's too small, they won't fit", which apparently sounded like a dare/challenge. And, she was right (although we had to cut it off the poor guy as it was REALLY snug!)

post-7689-14489820000738_thumb.jpg

The cats were excited to see the boxes last year :D

Yeah, being cats they assume it's for them.

Or just that it wasn't something they would be tortured with :lol: Although the chunky cat did raise her eyebrow at the "Me-WOW Cat Weights" box, wondering if MM was sending her a message :D

I know when we got the "bottle sweaters" a couple years back, I thought they were cute. Then my wife had the brilliant idea of stuffing one of our cats into it. I said "That's too small, they won't fit", which apparently sounded like a dare/challenge. And, she was right (although we had to cut it off the poor guy as it was REALLY snug!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16944[/ATTACH]

The cats were excited to see the boxes last year :D

That poor cat.

I've always made a practice of serving my friends whatever they want.

Agree - we have very few guests who enjoy whiskey, but when we do - I'm happy to pour anything I have open already. It hasn't come up, but if someone wanted a whiskey sour, I likely wouldn't offer "anything", but certainly no less than I'd put in my own.

I've always made a practice of serving my friends whatever they want.

I always serve my friends whatever they want based on what I have. I have a wide variety of bourbons, ryes, other spirits and mixers plus beer. They can usually find something they like. The only thing I don't normally have is wine. If they ask what to bring, I tell them an inexpensive bottle of something tasty for the ladies (those that don't drink mixed drinks or beer, of course).

After the whiskey category, the most variety we have at our house is wine, with at least a dozen bottles. But we have most of the major liquors (vodka, gin, rum, brandy, tequila, etc.) and I'll gladly serve whatever guests desire. That said, I'd probably refuse anyone who wanted to just dump Coke into a bourbon that cost more than $30 a bottle. I'd talk them off that ledge.

Honestly squire, I haven't yet had to make that decision. All my whiskey drinking friends either like it neat or on the rocks, or if they mix it they're basic Jack and Coke sorts anyway. You make a good point, but if confronted with the situation I still think I'd be inclined to try to talk them out of it.

Elmer T. Lee drank his Bourbon over ice mixed with Sprite. Would you call him a 'Jack & Coke sort' who didn't know better? Out of respect for others I don't substitute my judgment for theirs or presume to say what they should do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.