Ice Ball Maker from Maker's Mark

TomFischer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While the balls are great, an easier way to make a single, big ice cube is cut off the bottom of a plastic water bottle and use that as a mold. Pick a bottle that's just a little smaller than the glass you want to use. Similar effect, but a lot easier to make.

But it's not nearly as pretty. Any shape other than a sphere will have a larger surface-to-mass ratio, but probably not enough to make a big difference.

I had seen these online last summer and really wanted them, but the molds were a bit too pricey for me to bite. I was so pumped when I got these in the mail after Christmas! I have already used them several times, and they are nice. While I usually drink my bourbon (and other whisky for that matter) neat, it is nice to have this option that minimized dillution.

Just got mine in the mail today, gotta love that they send this stuff all the way down under!

Scott

I never got one. They sound pretty neat though. I guess I'll turn in my ambassadorship.

Joe :usflag:

I never got one. They sound pretty neat though. I guess I'll turn in my ambassadorship.

Joe :usflag:

I am a member of most of the Bourbon groups (ambassadors, mellow moments, stillhouse, etc.) and the iceball maker is the only holiday item I received.

While the balls are great, an easier way to make a single, big ice cube is cut off the bottom of a plastic water bottle and use that as a mold. Pick a bottle that's just a little smaller than the glass you want to use. Similar effect, but a lot easier to make.

The MM molds were super easy for me to use.... I just gave it to Barb !

I love the MM ice balls. I placed one in s highball glass with ER 17 yerterday and left it on the counter while I finished putting up the christmas decorations. I heard a loud "POP" and looked back at the glass. The ball had shattered into about six pieces and splashed my bourbon all over the counter. Only lost some bourbon and glad it didn't happen while in hand, kicked back and relaxing in the easy chair. tim

I am a member of most of the Bourbon groups (ambassadors, mellow moments, stillhouse, etc.) and the iceball maker is the only holiday item I received.

You may want to follow up on the Mellow Moments membership to make sure they've got you. I got two mailings from them: the ornament and a Christmas card. The card appeared to actually be signed by a whole mess of people. Julie wrote my name, so I know she signed it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.