Wistlepig rye!

ThomasH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I sat down with the WP 100 proof and Jeff 10 94 proof for a comparison (in the midst of comparing a variety of whiskeys with several friends) and the unanimous consensus was similar to what has been noted. The WP was the better whiskey although the price point for each does a good bit to help level the playing field. But if price were no issue then the WP was preferred drink.

The only difference was the WP was newly opened while the Jeff had been open awhile (although it was still nearly full). Not sure how much, if any, difference that might make.

Also forgot to get out the Pendleton 1910 12yo 80 proof out to add to the comparison but I think it would still have fallen well short of the WP based on my memory of it.

Ok... I'm not a fan of Canadian whiskey. I find nothing special about the vaunted Crown Royal. What should I try that might sway my opinion of Canadian whiskey... that I can buy in Ohio?

Really like the WhistlePig, but the price tag keeps it from becoming a regular sipper. Recently tried WP, Jefferson's 10 and Mastertson's at one sitting. Undeniably similar, with the biggest difference (for me, anyway) being the proofs. I really like the Jefferson's 10...especially because you can buy two bottle of it for the price of one bottle of WP.

I noted with interest that an email flyer from Drink up NY listed WhistlePig "TripleOne" as they called it was now available for "presale" and was expected to ship on or about November 2nd, along with a number of other liquors. Getting where it is like buying a new DVD or CD.

The price was conveniently not mentioned in the email although the website lists it at $129.99 but available on presale for $108.99. So the predicted $111 is close but apparently not a requirement. I will probably not be adding this one to my liquor cabinet. I will just have to make do with the nasty old 100 proof 10 year old at two thirds the cost.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.