Where to get a Glencairn?

Rotgut
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have always gotten mine at distilleries... but then again, I do live in KY.

Quoting an old post I know, but I'll ask anyway.

Which distilleries in particular? All? I've lived in KY my whole life, my dad worked for Brown-Foreman, and I still haven't been to a distillery. I've been wanting to take Woodfords "Advanced" tour.

I've been needing a good bourbon glass for a long time. I had a small wine tumbler I used, but it broke. Was thinking about getting a glass Glencairn but if I can get one at a distillery free or a decent price I might as well wait. I don't want some overpriced gift shop crap though, hah.

The prices at the gift shops at the distilleries aren't bad on glencairns. Not all of them carry em BT does and HH does for sure. WT does not neither does MM IIRC. Not sure about FR or the new Barton's.

Check out local flea markets and estate sales. I bought two at an estate sale just a couple of blocks from my house. They were originally $1.00, but it was 30% off on the last day. Got them for $.70 each. :grin: Joe

The prices at the gift shops at the distilleries aren't bad on glencairns. Not all of them carry em BT does and HH does for sure. WT does not neither does MM IIRC. Not sure about FR or the new Barton's.

I didn't see any Glencairns at FR when i was there, but I got the last two semi-square rocks glasses they had in the shop. Semi-round I should say, a round glass with corners. Slick! I did pick up a handful of Glencairns at HH and I do love them sometimes.

The Glencairn is a very nice glass but my go to glass is the FR glass. I also have a really large, thin walled, heavy based tumbler that is perfect sometimes. Like palming a basketball full of bourbon.

That being said, a Glencairn is a necessary tool for increasing one's bourbon knowledge and experience. Having the Glencairn has taught me quite a bit.

Cheers!

I've love my Glencairns. They hold a perfect pour and feel great in the hand. That said, I think glasses are a personal choice. Try a few and find one that works best for you.

keep trying the AMazon link, I saw a deal for them again recently.

Can't wait to use them again for a Knob Creek SB review...

Here's a nifty one.

I won't tell you where they sell it at because here on SB.com info is hated.

post-1534-14489817312856_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.