Fuente and Weller

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight I picked up a couple of Arturo Fuente Grand Reserva's from Schwabs. BTW, if you are ever in the area, stop by schwabs in the Woodhill center. Great people who know their cigars and a killer walk-in humidor. Anyway, it was just warm enough tonight to sit out on the deck with my new cigar, Weller 12yo and the 10th anniversary edition of Cigar Afficionado (btw, great reprints of interviews with Castro and some Kennedy insiders). The fuente lit and burned beautifully and the draw was effortless. Some peppery notes with something that tasted like smoked bacon on the finish. The weller was a nice pair, but maybe just a touch too sweet for a rather dry (tasting) cigar. Weller 12, however has recently become my everyday pour, thus the pairing.

Good to hear abou the weather. I'll be getting it tomorrow. It's so nice to ride the motorcycle to work in this weather (leaving my house, of course, after rush hour.)

All Fuente smokes rule! laugh.gif They taste great by themselves.....or WHATEVER your smoking! grin.gif Hint: Try the Don Carlos! See ya, H'wood cool.gif

I really do like winter and the colder weather, but I must say that this year is trying my nerves. Not only have we had more total snow than in recent memory, but the damage from the ice storm is still being cleaned up and might take until September to be completely finished. And me getting serious about cigars, and Leslie serious about me not smoking in the house, has really got me wanting the nice weather. Hope you get some too laugh.gif

It was nice on Sunday, about 75. I spend alot of time doing nothing on my back porch, just sitting. No bourbonm then, though, trying to lose weight. ;-) Actually, I rarely drink during the day.

I hear you about the ice storm. We still have piles of limbs around town that haven't been picked up yet. And they just recently toured the local state roads and cut down all the leaning pine trees and that mess is waiting to be picked up.

We are still waiting for the tree service we use (good folk) to make their way to our house from the Dec storm. They've been here to look at what they had to do, but the ground is just too wet to bring in their gear. Fortunately, they told us that the heavily damaged trees (maple, cedar) didn't have to be cut down. They said they will survive and sprout a canopy on them again from the few remaining branches. smile.gif

I will be very glad to see this winter over, after the 3 (or 4?, I lost count) ice storms we've had here.

Linn, I prefer the Opus, when I can get them. However, I have many friends that prefer the Don Carlos. It is a little cheaper, but some like it better nonetheless. The Hemingway Classic would probably be third. See ya, H'wood cool.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.