Wild Turkey Rye: MIA

Josh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been hitting all my spots and no sign of Wild Turkey Rye anywhere. I talked to a store owner today and he said he's been ordering it for weeks and he keeps hearing from the state that they're out of stock. The Russell's Reserve Rye is fairly easy to find (I don't think it sells too well around here), but I see more Handy Rye than the WT. Anyone else noticing this?

Everything from WT is hard to get here in Mid MI.

Josh, I know where some WT Rye is if you want me to score you some.

If the PLCB has it, it can't be that hard to get. Saw some this morning. Would be happy to send some your way.

For the longest time I could NEVER find this either, then suddenly it just showed up...

Rare bird inded... how odd?

Thanks for the offers of help everybody! I talked to another store owner yesterday and he said the State of Michigan also claims to be out of Baby Saz and has been for months. From the sounds of it, the dreaded A-word (allocation) may be the reason.

We have it on allocation here in California our warehouse only has 30 or 40 cases for all of Northern California.

I know certain stores in Minneapolis are out of it...I am in Alexandria, Va at the moment and the ABC near my motel didn`t have any, either.

I have seen this in the last three stores visited in my area. In one store there was definitely dust on the bottles so it may be a slow mover.

Finally found some today at the snooty grocery store with the excellent wine and beer depts and a decent selection of spirits. Still no sign of baby Saz tho. Wonder if the state's still out of that?

Baby Saz hasn't been around in Maine for about a year (I did score a couple sitting dusty on a shelf, though) and I knew of one place to get WT Rye101 in Mass and they told me they couldn't get it anymore -- that was last May! Somewhere in there, I stumbled onto another store near a buddy's house in Mass with WT Rye, but left it, since I was stocked up. This weekend, I visited my friend and pulled the only 2 WT Ryes out of that store . . . hopefully that will last me a while.

There was a period here in Oregon when Wild Turkey Rye was kind of hard to find, but it never ran out completely. I grabbed a couple of extra bottles in case it stayed scarce, but it looks like the state has received a shipment since then.

Baby Saz hasn't been around in Maine for about a year (I did score a couple sitting dusty on a shelf, though) and I knew of one place to get WT Rye101 in Mass and they told me they couldn't get it anymore -- that was last May! Somewhere in there, I stumbled onto another store near a buddy's house in Mass with WT Rye, but left it, since I was stocked up. This weekend, I visited my friend and pulled the only 2 WT Ryes out of that store . . . hopefully that will last me a while.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.