Anyone try Riverboat?

mrviognier
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While at the recent Chicago WhiskeyFest I tasted through the Redemption bottlings. David had an 80 proof rye bottled under the "Riverboat Rye" label. While I can't find my tasting notes, I do recall it to be a smooth, pleasant rye that - for the price - might be a good alternative to OO.

Has anyone else tried this? If so, I'd welcome your comments pro or con.

I tried the 80 proof rye at WhiskyFest and at Binny's the night before. To be honest, I was not impressed. The proof was just too low for my tastes and make the pour feel very bland. I agree that it was very easy drinking, but just didn't seem to offer any worth drinking.

Tom

• 11 months later...

Placed an order on the internet and got a bottle of this to fill the order out. Haven't opened it yet but will on my long weekend off!

Thomas

I've got a bottle. 80pr LDI and less than a year old, I believe. Interesting, but that's about it. Tasted next to a Willett Rye 2 year highlights the power of proof like nothing else.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.