Quest for the Perfect Bourbon documentary

bourbonv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For those who are interested, the documentary made from the oral history project sponsored by Buffalo Trace will air on KET on the following dates:

· KETKY: Monday, June 6 at 9:00 pm EDT

· KET2: Monday, June 6 at 10:30 pm EDT

· KETKY: Wednesday, June 8 at 6:30 am EDT

· KETKY: Friday, June 10 at 5:00 pm EDT

· KETKY: Saturday, June 11 at 11:00 pm EDT

· KET: Tuesday, June 14 at 4:30 am EDT

· KETKY: Saturday, July 30 at 1:00 pm EDT

Mike Veach

Thanks, Mike.

At first I thought the title was Quest for the Perfect Bourbon Documentary, and not a documentary called Quest for the Perfect Bourbon. I thought it was a challenge to Chuck.

I saw the "Perfect Bourbon" documentary when I was there a couple weeks ago. It's very good. I especially liked the interviews with the old timers, the people whose voices you don't often hear. For years I've wanted to do that industry-wide, but couldn't come up with the money. I'm glad BT got it done for their company and their people.

But it's no threat to "Made and Bottled in Kentucky." :)

I did enjoy made and bottled. I hope to get to see this. By the way Chuck, your books seem to be popular in our tasting room. I have seen several go out.

For those outside of Kentucky, you might try the KET website to see you watch it on the internet.

Mike Veach

For those outside of Kentucky, you might try the KET website to see you watch it on the internet.

Mike Veach

Excellent tip, Mike. Much appreciated as these shows don't seem to make it to PBS in Ohio.

Mike Veach

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight is the first chance to view this documentary on KETKY at 9:00. For those of you who are out of state, the Nunn center is working on getting the documentary up on their site. Joanne Hay said that it should be up in the near future.

Mike Veach

... the Nunn center is working on getting the documentary up on their site.

Is the finished documentary a compilation of the interviews on this page

(and page 2 as well) or does it consist of different material?

It contains those interviews and the interviews of phase two of the project.

Mike Veach

I finally got a chance to watch this and enjoyed it very much.

I often leave the closed captioning on, because I'm old and sometimes miss things. I was amused that, right at the beginning, whoever did the captioning missed the point.

Harlen Wheatley said, "We kind of feel like the best bourbon has never been made."

The captioning said, "We make the best bourbon that's ever been made."

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry if this thread is closed, I couldn't tell with Tapatalk.

For our new members and also older ones that haven't seen this; it is really informative and good to see all the legends interviewed. I really like this documentary. You also see Mike Veach and many others!

http://youtu.be/mzh_RH7rW4k

Cheers

Hugh

Thanks Hugh! Pretty cool to see a little bit of history on the people whose names are on some of the bottles that I've bought.

The KDA is continuing the oral history project of distillery people. I am interviewing 2 Brown-Forman people today and they have already recorded Parker and Craig Beam and I believe Jimmy Russell. I have 4 more interviews to do before the year is over. I will be interested to see if they do another documentary from these interviews.

Mike Veach

I had a great interview this morning with Dace Stubbs, great grand daughter of George Garvin Brown and the first woman to be on the Board of directors for the company. I have another interview this afternoon with Pete Rutledge of Brown Forman. Al Young interviewed Jimmy and Eddy Russell and Dixie Hibbs has interviewed Parker and Craig Beam. I have three more interviews for brown-Forman people and also Tom Bulliett for Diageo. I hope they ask me to do some other people as well since this is so educational for me as well as being fun.

Mike Veach

Hi Mike,

Another documentary would be nice; thanks for your work!

I always love history but would be kind of nice to hear where they think the industry is moving toward or what they think the current market is evolving to. Nice to hear more about barrel proof, non chill filter, premium bourbon, aged bourbon or perhaps less aged bourbon, what is the level and age of the inventory for the barrels, wheat recipe, fine aged rye, etc.

Cheers,

Hugh

I had a great interview this morning with Dace Stubbs, great grand daughter of George Garvin Brown and the first woman to be on the Board of directors for the company. I have another interview this afternoon with Pete Rutledge of Brown Forman. Al Young interviewed Jimmy and Eddy Russell and Dixie Hibbs has interviewed Parker and Craig Beam. I have three more interviews for brown-Forman people and also Tom Bulliett for Diageo. I hope they ask me to do some other people as well since this is so educational for me as well as being fun.

Mike Veach

keep us posted, this is a great thing for them to do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.