What's your drinking chair?

SMOWK
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm in need of a new whiskey drinking chair for the living room. So far I'm leaning towards a Stressless or a Mac Motion. I like the design of each.

Any suggestions? What is your favorite drinking chair?

I'm in need of a new whiskey drinking chair for the living room. So far I'm leaning towards a Stressless or a Mac Motion. I like the design of each.

I've got a really nice office chair that is seriously adjustable. I spend most of my home time in front of the PC and thus, in that very comfortable chair. Plus, it has a lifetime guarantee, should I ever wear it out.

If I *should* happen to be in the living room watching TV, I'm usually just sitting or stretched out on the carpet.

If I'm reading, I'm almost always stretched out on the bed.

In each case, if I am also drinking, the glass is nearby, so I guess my answer is that I don't have a favorite place to lounge while drinking, but that when I drink, I like to be comfortable.

What is your favorite drinking chair?

Just had a thought - I hope nobody says "Driver's seat of {your car here}." :rolleyes:

Any of the assorted chairs on either:

Dougdog's porch or

The GN Gazebo

Anywhere else is a distant third.

I like to sit outside, now that its warming up, or I'll plant myself in the highback chair in the living room. I can't be picky really.

I have a old swivel rocker that I got at Goodwill when I was in college for $10. It is in my garage now and serves as my "in house get away." The only place I can enjoy a cigar, so also where I enjoy many of my pours.

I remember that my Grandpa Attaway's favorite chair was an old rocking chair on his front porch, in Fouke, Arkansas, with the wind blowing through the pines, and Grandma Attaway doing something else and not knowing (or not admitting she knew) that he was having a drink from an old Mason jar.

It would have to be my computer chair which is an old dining room table chair.

After a few pours it's the most comfortable chair in the house.:lol:

Heh heh. A few years ago, we were changing our small living room into a home library room. I selected a very nice pair of saddle leather overstuffed chairs with matching ottomans. We also installed French doors in the formerly open entrance way. I thought I would have a quiet, secluded place to read a book and have a drink.

But my wife decided, no food or drink in the library. :smiley_acbt:

Tim

My office chair is my drinking chair and my very large computer desk/cabinet is my liquor cabinet.

Typically in my leather chair while a ballgame is on TV and my laptop is in my lap so I can peruse SB.com or chat in the Gazebo.

My leather chair is a Natuzzi recliner - it's one that my parents bought when they lived in Japan....it's a little more traditional than the furniture that Natuzzi has in the US. Very comfortable, and I've fallen asleep on it more than once!

Studio Day Sofa from World Market placed in the "sweet spot" in front of my stereo when I've picked one bourbon to sip on. If I'm tasting several bottles I usually stand behind the bar or sit on one of the bar stools in front of the bar. I have a hard time sitting until I've picked the right one.

Since it's finally gotten warm enough here, I'm usually in my adirondack chair in the backyard, nursing a glass and preparing to grill.

Of course, the snow will eventually start falling, and I'll have to move my imbibing indoors. When that happens, I've got my eye on a new chair...

images.jpg

I prefer my old Pizza Hut chair in my shop I salvaged from my days working there while in college. Reminds me of the good old days, living on nothing but free pizza and beer. Actually we weren't supposed to drink the beer, but the manager was a friend of mine and he was partaking too, so it was all good.

Does anyone have any experience with Ekornes Stressless chairs? I'm leaning towards one of these.

I realize everybody is different, so different chairs for different folks, but I live in an area without a whole lot of variety. All furniture stores are giant warehouses with nothing but La-Z-Boy and Lane. I was fortunate to find a small place that sold Stressless chairs, and they were very comfortable, but awfully expensive. I'd like to, at least, have something to compare it to before shelling out around $3000 for a recliner.

All furniture stores are giant warehouses with nothing but La-Z-Boy and Lane. .

Nothing wrong with La-Z-Boy. We just ordered a "chaise reclina-glide" from the local outlet store Sunday. Give it a sit if its available. Its fixin' to be my new "drinking chair" once its tour of duty in the baby's room is over. Not your typical over stuffed recliner: it has an exposed wood frame and is visually compact.

Outside it's a cypress Adirondack chair my dad made for me about 20 years ago. Inside an increasingly worn green fuzzy green recliner where I've comforted 3 kids (and myself) as they've grown up.

Craig

I went ahead and got the Stressless. So far the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in.

I have two chairs. One is a Marco office chair I use in my computer room. It's the one I use most often. Can you say chat room? :grin: The other chair(s), are on my back porch. I use them when I have visitors. :cool: Cheers! Joe

post-3455-14489817353867_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489817354106_thumb.jpg

Over a week now relaxing in the Stressless Spirit. Unbelievably comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :cool::cool:

Over a week now relaxing in the Stressless Spirit. Unbelievably comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :cool::cool:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.